Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you are getting falsing with no target, all tones & VDI erratic be sure the black plastic nut on coil connector is tight. this has been a common fault lately, I assumed RFI but it was the ATPro falsing. Garrett told me to do a power on reset--no help. usual fix was to unplug coil and tighten knurled nut, then noticed the black nut was 1 turn loose----problem solved. will pass this on to Tech Support

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks I will give it a try. I have been having this problem with my ATPro recently

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually hunters complain about falsing around salt water or they don't clean out coil cover.

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I give it a quarter turn past finger tight.
I had that problem a couple years ago to.
You'll get them same erratic crap sometimes if a lot of coal is around especial with damp ground.

reddogpatch

Greenie
Oct 19, 2015
Sanannah, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Compass Yukon 77B Pro
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett AT Orange Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I likewise have been getting falsify w/no targets, erratic VDI reading, signals all over the place.Well, my brand new At Pro..didn't have a black plastic nut on coil connector ..At the coil end, it's a rubber feed thru, Then, at the AT Pro body housing there the 4 pin connector metal plug connector. That end was loose, more so than I thought..I took the (oh crap moment) cue and re-tighten both for the coil and headset. I will check it out in the morning..Thanks for saving me a possible return postage cost..as I was at that point.

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I likewise have been getting falsify w/no targets, erratic VDI reading, signals all over the place.Well, my brand new At Pro..didn't have a black plastic nut on coil connector ..At the coil end, it's a rubber feed thru, Then, at the AT Pro body housing there the 4 pin connector metal plug connector. That end was loose, more so than I thought..I took the (oh crap moment) cue and re-tighten both for the coil and headset. I will check it out in the morning..Thanks for saving me a possible return postage cost..as I was at that point.

Another thing is reset your machine if you use more than 1 coil, as every time you change coils the machine needs to recognize the new coil.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
today was another bout of major falsing---unplugged the coil connector and re- connected with power on---no more falsing___________for the day. if using a coil cover, as I do, a bead of silicone, or maybe vaseline :dontknow: will keep the fine sand from crawling in and mucking up the show. I put the cover on a new coil and found some dirt had migrated inside the cover :BangHead:

reddogpatch

Greenie
Oct 19, 2015
Sanannah, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Compass Yukon 77B Pro
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett AT Orange Pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took it out today for a run at several different locations. Even with a factory reset (5 to 10 seconds waiting for 2 beeps), changed the batteries for fresh batteries..I'm still plagued with lots false signals. Drive a grown man crazy, trying to figure out what to do. Send it back ,or call Garrett?:censored: THIS is not what I expected with a brand new MD..That's supposed to be one of the better brand..smh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread