Attempt to pan in the snow

Maka13

Apr 16, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this creek nearby my cabin in Balsam Mountains NC. It wasn’t snowing when I got the grand idea to try panning. It was quite the experience when I saw snowflakes falling. Um I grabbed my pan I headed back. Amazing how different everything looks when snow is hitting your face. Lol I somehow managed to get lost! I found my way back eventually but my little sluice box was freezing cold. Everything in it was frozen. Including the real moss I collected to stick in my sluice. I don’t know what I’m doing half the time, but I sure do have fun learning the hard way.
I stopped along the way to make a tiny snowman. Lol
EEEEAD2D-8B50-4E0E-A575-1E6440217E26.jpeg

Upvote 3

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this creek nearby my cabin in Balsam Mountains NC. It wasn’t snowing when I got the grand idea to try panning. It was quite the experience when I saw snowflakes falling. Um I grabbed my pan I headed back. Amazing how different everything looks when snow is hitting your face. Lol I somehow managed to get lost! I found my way back eventually but my little sluice box was freezing cold. Everything in it was frozen. Including the real moss I collected to stick in my sluice. I don’t know what I’m doing half the time, but I sure do have fun learning the hard way.
View attachment 2002295 View attachment 2002296
View attachment 2002295
I,ve spent most of my life not knowing what I was doing,did it anyway.Nice snowman,great that you still got a bit of the kid in you to do that.Never lose that!

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
View attachment 2002295 View attachment 2002296
View attachment 2002295
Dear Diary......

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why fight the elements....
010.JPG
Set up a recirculating sluice system- indoors- ,run your material and have fun. :occasion14:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I think you’re a little ahead in the game. I don’t even know what any of that is… well I do see a pair of scissors and buckets. :/
Its not to complicated ,many ways to build one,this will give you a basic idea
>>

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maka13 I like your find and story Thanks for sharing, RTR you never scease to AMAZE me . When are ylou going to take me panning ?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maka13 I like your find and story Thanks for sharing, RTR you never scease to AMAZE me . When are ylou going to take me panning ?
When ever your ready let me know.And I have the remains of
2010_1113Mttohuntdeer4th0010.JPG
2010_1113Mttohuntdeer4th0009.JPG
a "old" structure that needs to be detected.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions