Atv dump trailer

Load77

Apr 10, 2021
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally finally finished my permitted atv road to one of my mines a couple weeks ago. This last weekend I hauled about 4 tons of ore out.
I used a fairly cheap dump cart that I bought at coastal farm and ranch. It?s supposed to be rated for 500lbs. To be easy on it I only put about 300lbs per load in it. The road is less than 1/4 mile, so the round trip doesn?t take long.
By the end of the weekend the dump cart is pretty much shot.
Im looking for recommendations on a better one, that won?t break the bank. Also something pretty light weight. ATV?s aren?t that great at towing heavy loads up hill. So the heavier the trailer is, the less ore I can haul in it.

Thanks in advance!

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Google "bicycle wheel cart". One of those might suit your purpose or at least give ideas to design and build one. I kind of like the idea of mounting the wheels high on the side or with a drop axle to lower center of gravity.

Good luck.

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
What parts on the trailer are wore out ? If it's the bed , why not weld some strengthening plate's in it to beef it up ! If it's the axle , double tube it to strengthen it ! If it's also the tire's max out the load rating of your tire's. If it's all of the above call the manufacture and see what they can do (warrantee ???) for you .

Mountaineer2020

Jul 5, 2020
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab gs3000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First off congrats on getting 4 tons of ore out! How'd you do it? Microblast and shovel work into the atv? Second I bought one of these for hauling ore https://www.atv.com/specs/kubota/utility-utv/2015/rtv1140cpx/orange/detail.html. Got it at an auction for a reasonable price, it's not real fast but allegedly hauls 1,000 lbs in the hydraulic dump bed. I have had the whole family in it, 4 people, and went up hills that a truck wouldn't make it up. It's real slow going but beats walking. The dump bed expands into the backseats and it becomes a 2 seater if you need more dump room. Haven't hauled ore yet as I haven't located anything worth hauling so far! It's basically the same hydrostatic transmission and undercarriage Kubota puts on their tractors. Not really an atv more of a tractor with multi-seating.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Them cost to much ! I built my own trailer's and use a Artic Cat 300 4x4 that has a 3 ranges for the 5 speed automatic trans ! I've had it for 21 years now without any problems! It ought to last me for my life time !:occasion14: P.S. I bought it new for $3000.:tongue3::tongue3:

Mountaineer2020

Jul 5, 2020
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab gs3000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Them cost to much ! I built my own trailer's and use a Artic Cat 300 4x4 that has a 3 ranges for the 5 speed automatic trans ! I've had it for 21 years now without any problems! It ought to last me for my life time !:occasion14: P.S. I bought it new for $3000.:tongue3::tongue3:

Right on! If only atv's still cost $3,000 new! Got the Kubota RTV for $6,000, but she was used hard. Heh I would like to see you jam 4 people on that 300 though. If you do post a pic!

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
No room for 4 people BUT I did have 3 on it for a short trip ! I bought this particular brand & model because of it's size to get it and myself into tight locations. I'm still happy with it !:occasion14:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Load77: @0 years or so ago I went to Tractor supply and bought a all metal dump cart . I pulled it behind one of my Polaris sportsman. I paid about $200for it. I would fill 5 5gallon plastic pails with gravel and put them in my cart and go maybe 1/2 mile down a horse trail to wet spot and dump the pails of gravel there to dry up and stabilize the spot there. After the first day with the brand new trailer it was almost shot. The person at Tractor Supply told me it should handle up to 1000 pounds. I did not just rip and tear i was careful with pulling it. I took it back to TSC (tractor Supply) and showed her the cart. She said she could not give me my money back but if i wanted to purchase the fiber one for a hundred dollars more she would apply the 200 i had already spent. I gladly paid the hundred dollars more. I took the new fiber bed cart and tried it out.I used it the rest of the week and NOT ONE PROBLEM!!! Since that time i used it to haul Horse manure 2 or three times a week. I still have it but Last year i bought a couple Polaris Rangers with the fiber beds. They are so much easier to use. I still have the cart in my barn . If you was closer i would let you try it out. When i go to the barn today I will take a picture of it. On the link below you will see the fiber cart on the 3rd row down far right. Now they are 399

Ohio Steel 15 cu. ft. Hybrid ATV and L&G Poly Swivel Dump Cart, 4048P-HYB this is the one i would recommend

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/Dump cart?

Last edited:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG-4128.jpg IMG-4129.jpg

IMG-4130.jpg IMG-4131.jpg

The above is the 20 year old cart. Below is my new dump cart.

IMG-4132.jpg IMG-4133.jpg

IMG-4134.jpg

Now if you want me to bring them out and show you how they work i will have to BRING MY HOOKA SYSTEMS and my GPZ 7000 LOL

OP
OP
L

Load77

Apr 10, 2021
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha! Perfect!
Thanks!
I think that one looks a lot better than the one I have!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread