Audio legend.

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone had any difficulties with the wireless audio set up yet?
As in using ear buds or proper wireless headsets and going into the water? I'm wondering if the bluetooth holds up when water detecting. I'll be doing that next week sometime.
I was going to try in my bathtub but can't get deep enough with my flippers on.

Thx and gl all.

pulltaboo

Jul 29, 2022
North GA
You'll lose BT the moment control box goes under water. While it's possible to macgyver an external antenna by wrapping some wire around control box and running its tail above the surface, your best bet would be just purchasing wired waterproof headphones. There are 2 to choose from – Nokta and Gray Ghost, both are outstanding options. I highly recommend going this route, as if your BT headphones fall into the water, this would be the end of them (they're not even water resistant). Wired phones will also keep your detector somewhat tethered to you, preventing it from just disappearing into dark water.

OP
OP
Huntster54

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll lose BT the moment control box goes under water. While it's possible to macgyver an external antenna by wrapping some wire around control box and running its tail above the surface, your best bet would be just purchasing wired waterproof headphones. There are 2 to choose from – Nokta and Gray Ghost, both are outstanding options. I highly recommend going this route, as if your BT headphones fall into the water, this would be the end of them (they're not even water resistant). Wired phones will also keep your detector somewhat tethered to you, preventing it from just disappearing into dark water.
Thanks. I had that fear. And yes I wasn't going to go in the water with wireless HS, but possibly ear buds. But I've already bought the nokta waterproofs because of my years with fisher.
I wonder if nokta could figure out a WIFI pairing instead of the bluetooth. My only concern is how water proof those connectors are to the unit. No one seems to have any complaints on water issues.

I've also noticed, and it's probably something we've dealt with for decades is my legend seems susceptible to cabling movement. Perhaps because it's so sensitive. But I tightened everything up and the noise is much reduced at the same location. This is not a legend problem, but I believe all detectors can suffer with this.

pulltaboo

Jul 29, 2022
North GA
My only concern is how water proof those connectors are to the unit.
They are completely waterproof and very unlikely to cause any water ingress even if you keep them unplugged and uncapped. Just keep them clean and wash off all the salt and sand as soon as you return from the hunt.

OP
OP
Huntster54

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are completely waterproof and very unlikely to cause any water ingress even if you keep them unplugged and uncapped. Just keep them clean and wash off all the salt and sand as soon as you return from the hunt.
Good to know, thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread