Available coils for the CZ-21?

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
I think I'm going to have to get a CZ-21. We have high mineralization at the beaches around here. (Cape Anne, MA) I did find one beach (Hampton Beach, NH), that has low mineralization, for some reason. So I am considering getting a CZ-21 soon. I have not researched the available or best coils to use with the CZ-21. It sounds like it comes stock with an 8" DD. Has anyone had good results with other available coils? Thanks, HH. mud :icon_jokercolor:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The CZ-21 like the CZ-20 only has two coils available for it, a 8 inch and a 10 inch spider coil which is a concentric and not a DD coil. For heavy minerization the Excal will work better than the CZ-21. I have the CZ-20 and not the 21, but the performance is the same and it has trouble in heavy minerization on getting depth or being stable. The CZ-6a is the land version and many coils are available for it.

OP
OP
Massbaycolonist

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Sandman said:
The CZ-21 like the CZ-20 only has two coils available for it, a 8 inch and a 10 inch spider coil which is a concentric and not a DD coil. For heavy minerization the Excal will work better than the CZ-21. I have the CZ-20 and not the 21, but the performance is the same and it has trouble in heavy minerization on getting depth or being stable. The CZ-6a is the land version and many coils are available for it.
Hi Sandy. I think you are right that the performance of the CZ-21 is the same as the CZ-20. Thank you for the info. Now about the coils for the CZ-21- You say the CZ-20/21 only has two coils available for it. You must mean there are only two coils available for it from Fisher Labs. What about the Sun Ray, Excellerator and WOTS coils?
The CZ-6a? Your kidding.... I never heard or read anything about that one. I'll have to look into it. But I think for finding jewelry at the beach, the water machine is the one I need. Again, thank you for the information. HH :icon_jokercolor:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't keep track of the after market coils for detectors that are hardwired. The CZ-5, CZ-6, and CZ-6a are very similair and many today still use them above the ones being advertised as "new." There are many Fisher coils available for these detectors still.

For finding jewelry at the beach, you only need a water machine if you are going in the water where there is a chance of getting the thing wet. May do very well with hip mounted land units as there are more features. Just ask someone that is using a Sov GT at the beach.

rdi

Sep 5, 2007
Zephyrhills, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Infinium LS, Sovereign GT, Fisher cz6a, Garrett sea hunter,Garrett vlf/tr groundhog
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Massbaycolonist........Sunray made a 12in. coil,Fz-12 for the CZ series... if i remember right..don't know if it is still available.....rdi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread