Awesome silver find in an iron field

cworley

Sep 16, 2016
Dupont Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites M6/Ace 250 w/5x:8dd/Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been searching an area I believe to be a historic campsite hidden deep in the woods near my home. For 3 years I've searched these iron infested sites and have yeilded some decent finds in the process. Having bought a simplex recently with the sp24 coil,I decided to hit the iron fields again. The Simplex did not disappoint. I've found my first silver dime and it turned out to be a one year type coin. A 1838 O seated lib. dime with no stars. The simplex found the dime in between 2 peices of iron on either side. I used the sp24 in park 2 F3 with near max sensitivity. I've been detecting for 6 years and used several detectors,but the Simplex is turning out to be my favorite. 20210521_211212.jpg 20210521_211232.jpg

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been searching an area I believe to be a historic campsite hidden deep in the woods near my home. For 3 years I've searched these iron infested sites and have yeilded some decent finds in the process. Having bought a simplex recently with the sp24 coil,I decided to hit the iron fields again. The Simplex did not disappoint. I've found my first silver dime and it turned out to be a one year type coin. A 1838 O seated lib. dime with no stars. The simplex found the dime in between 2 peices of iron on either side. I used the sp24 in park 2 F3 with near max sensitivity. I've been detecting for 6 years and used several detectors,but the Simplex is turning out to be my favorite.
attachment.php
attachment.php

thats a beauty, congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions