"AXIOM"...Garrett's New Gold Metal Detector Release

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's the new release. Very powerful indeed. Check out the specs.

And a short video done by Steve Herschbach.

axiom.jpg

Upvote 5

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah I would be interested as well, what it's like on other items other than gold. I think it's a multi-freq detector so I would think a person could use it for other finds.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is this a next generation Pulse Induction detector? I,m easily confused so forgive the questions.
I do know it is pulse induction, I just read a article on it. It is also a multi-freq detector. It's got some preloaded programs for different hunting, including a all metal program with tones. From what little I read you can set this machine up to find any certain 1 metal, then swap out what coil is needed for your types of hunting. It sounds like a interesting machine. Havent found a price for it yet, its preorder status now.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do know it is pulse induction, I just read a article on it. It is also a multi-freq detector. It's got some preloaded programs for different hunting, including a all metal program with tones. From what little I read you can set this machine up to find any certain 1 metal, then swap out what coil is needed for your types of hunting. It sounds like a interesting machine. Havent found a price for it yet, its preorder status now.
Many thanks,interesting indeed!:icon_thumleft:

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you know that it compares to the V3i. Have you tested it? Is the analysis abilities of the V3i been measured?
No i dont own 1, but from the few vids I've watched, it's got programming quirks & such things like the whites v3i. It just appears to have some of whites bought out technology. I'd love to test a new 1 thou.

Steve Herschbach

Apr 1, 2005
Nevada
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Please don’t listen to anything KSDirtfisher77 is saying. This is not a multifrequency detector, has absolutely nothing to do with the V3i, ha no preloaded programs, etc. This is a high performance pulse induction gold prospecting detector, related far more to the ATX than anything else. Anyone interested needs to get the facts at the Garrett website, and not pay attention to people who have no idea what they are posting about.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Please don’t listen to anything KSDirtfisher77 is saying. This is not a multifrequency detector, has absolutely nothing to do with the V3i, ha no preloaded programs, etc. This is a high performance pulse induction gold prospecting detector, related far more to the ATX than anything else. Anyone interested needs to get the facts at the Garrett website, and not pay attention to people who have no idea what they are posting about.
Sorry for all the confusion, I was reading a article & was under the impression it used multi-freq too. I must of took the reading/writing wrong.
Screenshot_20220727-052112_Chrome.jpg

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not been able to locate a price for this bad boy! For digging in the hot soil here in Virginia the preferred weapon of choice is the GPX which is pricey. Would be real interesting if this machine undercuts the GPX and ATX. I hope to see one at the next DIV.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for all the confusion, I was reading a article & was under the impression it used multi-freq too. I must of took the reading/writing wrong. View attachment 2038746
KSDirtfisher77,
after seeing which site you were receiving your information from, it is no wonder that you were confused. golden detector.com is just about as bad as MD Hunter.com for complete misinformation.

Just do what Steve said (and that goes for anyone that wants accurate info) and go to Garrett's site. There is plenty of accurate information there along with some introductory videos by Steve (already posted by John above) and others. There is a Quick Start guide and the full manual also, ready for reading.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just read Gerry in Idaho “Gerry’s Detectors” got an update on pricing and its msrp is $4700 and of course if you’re a veteran you get a discount.
Gerry is selling the Axiom version with MS3 wireless headphones at the MAP price of 3995. No one seems to know what the Axiom version with the wired MS2 headphones will cost yet.

The Axiom is a specialty detector that directly competes with the Minelab GPX 5000. These detectors are expensive for sure but they will work just about anywhere in any ground conditions for extreme depth while also being sensitive to tiny targets

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gerry is selling the Axiom version with MS3 wireless headphones at the MAP price of 3995. No one seems to know what the Axiom version with the wired MS2 headphones will cost yet.

The Axiom is a specialty detector that directly competes with the Minelab GPX 5000. These detectors are expensive for sure but they will work just about anywhere in any ground conditions for extreme depth while also being sensitive to tiny targets
Sure,but can it whistle"Dixie"?:laughing7::icon_thumleft:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Garrett Axiom Metal Detector with 13x11 DD Coil, 11x7 Mono Coil and MS-3 Headphones​

Your Price: $3,995.00

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread