"AXIOM"...Garrett's New Gold Metal Detector Release

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's the new release. Very powerful indeed. Check out the specs.

And a short video done by Steve Herschbach.

axiom.jpg

Upvote 5

et1955

Jan 10, 2015
Shoreline,wa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I want this and I have 2 claims that I could do well with it, unfortunately I only mined just over a troy ounce so far this year, weather has been really bad, and my philosophy has always been the gold I find pays for better tools for the mining. Mastering the tools you use for mining allows you to grow and get better and find more gold, with that in mind I have an Equinox 800 but one day it fell over and hit something that popped of the on/off switch off the circuit board so it would not turn on. Minelab said they can't repair it but will replace it for a fee and after mailing and all that it would cost about 500 plus. Well today I got brave and figured out a way to open it up and solder the micro switch back on, it is working now. The E8 was not designed right having these micro switches on the side of the unit were if it falls on one of switches the unit dies, better to have those switches on the screen area.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want this and I have 2 claims that I could do well with it, unfortunately I only mined just over a troy ounce so far this year, weather has been really bad, and my philosophy has always been the gold I find pays for better tools for the mining. Mastering the tools you use for mining allows you to grow and get better and find more gold, with that in mind I have an Equinox 800 but one day it fell over and hit something that popped of the on/off switch off the circuit board so it would not turn on. Minelab said they can't repair it but will replace it for a fee and after mailing and all that it would cost about 500 plus. Well today I got brave and figured out a way to open it up and solder the micro switch back on, it is working now. The E8 was not designed right having these micro switches on the side of the unit were if it falls on one of switches the unit dies, better to have those switches on the screen area.
I agree totally about the buttons on the side of the Equinox and on the side of the $6000 GPX 6000. To operate any of those buttons requires both hands and even then they are hard to feel and can easily be broken like you experienced. I like how all of the controls of the Axiom are right on the faceplate and can easily be operated by ones thumb. I also like the type of buttons on the Axiom which I am used to from many years being trouble free with the AT Gold.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
I just read Gerry in Idaho “Gerry’s Detectors” got an update on pricing and its msrp is $4700 and of course if you’re a veteran you get a discount.
That'd probably convert to around $6800 Aussie, throw on the typical markups and you would probably be looking at around $7500 here. Dear detector. Looks interesting and man did they ever copy the Gpx audio huh.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
That'd probably convert to around $6800 Aussie, throw on the typical markups and you would probably be looking at around $7500 here. Dear detector. Looks interesting and man did they ever copy the Gpx audio huh.
Yeah it sounds pretty much like a GPX. Your from the land down under? How are them gold fields.? General Hercules still pulling nuggies out in his undies? Lol.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Yeah it sounds pretty much like a GPX. Your from the land down under? How are them gold fields.? General Hercules still pulling nuggies out in his undies? Lol.
Yep im down under. I had some awesome days, years. Loved loved loved it.
Few health issues now, still have a go, but now went back to a VLF. Weight wise. PI's now just out of my range with severe back arthritis. Not over old but is a result of a few younger accidents. No boo hoo, thats life, we me and my misses still have a go. Its all good.
I through my days in Victoria know some guns, but I dont know that guy. Not saying he does not know his stuff! Just not in my circle.
Cheers friend.
Ps... Started in the early 90's, was amazing!
To be honest now, regardless of what the advertising is, from say 2000 to 2010.... nothing detecting wise for gold comes close.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Yep im down under. I had some awesome days, years. Loved loved loved it.
Few health issues now, still have a go, but now went back to a VLF. Weight wise. PI's now just out of my range with severe back arthritis. Not over old but is a result of a few younger accidents. No boo hoo, thats life, we me and my misses still have a go. Its all good.
I through my days in Victoria know some guns, but I dont know that guy. Not saying he does not know his stuff! Just not in my circle.
Cheers friend.
Ps... Started in the early 90's, was amazing!
To be honest now, regardless of what the advertising is, from say 2000 to 2010.... nothing detecting wise for gold comes close.
Sounds like it would’ve been so fun. I’ve always dreamed of being able to hunt the fields in Australia. General Hercules is quite the character if you have a chance just google his name and watch a video or two of his. He’s quite funny. Take care and I hope you can detect for many yrs yet!

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Sounds like it would’ve been so fun. I’ve always dreamed of being able to hunt the fields in Australia. General Hercules is quite the character if you have a chance just google his name and watch a video or two of his. He’s quite funny. Take care and I hope you can detect for many yrs yet!
Mate, our way of sayin Friend. Iv heard of him. And many many before him.
The early days here were NUTS! Just after the VLFs. Though I started with VLF.
I was fortunate to know many greats here. The finder of the Hand Of Faith. What a great fantastic guy he was Kevin. True great person. So many others. Me, im getting on now but met and detected with so many amazing prospectors. It has been a privilege, truly has been.
I worked for a major detector shop for years. What we saw come over the counter and my boss gave me permission to buy for him because he knew I knew what was what was crazy in the SD2000 to SD 2200 up until the Extreme days was off the chart! Over and over I weighed nuggets or multiple bits that were hand fillers. Id ring, call him and he'd say "your call ok".
Crazy days.

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
I was fortunate to know many greats here. The finder of the Hand Of Faith. What a great fantastic guy he was Kevin. True great person. So many others. Me, im getting on now but met and detected with so many amazing prospectors. It has been a privilege, truly has been.
I worked for a major detector shop for years. What we saw come over the counter and my boss gave me permission to buy for him because he knew I knew what was what was crazy in the SD2000 to SD 2200 up until the Extreme days was off the chart! Over and over I weighed nuggets or multiple bits that were hand fillers. Id ring, call him and he'd say "your call ok".
Crazy days.
Crazy days.
That’s sounds so awesome! What an experience!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread