AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Barry you don't follow us while using the program. Awwww I thought we were friends. LOL.
So if we update the program. We have to be in each specific location? For those of us who have different locations. Or if we're registered would the updates just come to us. I know you sent me mine for rich hill, but say I had three different locations. (That's my plan anyways) would we need to go to each location to get the update.
I'm hoping to get into my program this week. Just been busy and I try to not spend too much time behind the computer. Most of my time is on this dang iPhone. Lol
Just by chance. Would it be possible (in the future) to get the program as an app. I don't like taking a laptop out in the field. Though my wife doesn't use it. So I could put on that computer as well.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a good question Garret. I've got it installed on both of my home computers as well as the laptop. Everything is networked here so will I have to download it three times or is it a file that I can transfer over the wireless network?

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Now I'm a software company? :laughing7:

There's just two of us Jeff. If you register the only thing you will ever get is software update notifications. Nothing else ever. We don't sell or share your information with anyone, ever.

Our software was developed by one person - me. Our software doesn't track you or tell us it's running. No automatic updates or automatic notices. FootPrints never "phones home". Just honest secure software.

You aren't required to register but how else are we going to contact you when there's an update?

I've heard so many good things about your maps and sure wish there was an App that could be turned on from my android smartphone to at least tell me the boundaries of claims and BLM borders. (that's all i really need out in the field as i roam around) Is there anything like that predicted in the future?_____

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Barry you don't follow us while using the program. Awwww I thought we were friends. LOL.
So if we update the program. We have to be in each specific location? For those of us who have different locations. Or if we're registered would the updates just come to us. I know you sent me mine for rich hill, but say I had three different locations. (That's my plan anyways) would we need to go to each location to get the update.
I'm hoping to get into my program this week. Just been busy and I try to not spend too much time behind the computer. Most of my time is on this dang iPhone. Lol
Just by chance. Would it be possible (in the future) to get the program as an app. I don't like taking a laptop out in the field. Though my wife doesn't use it. So I could put on that computer as well.

Once Footprints is installed you do not need the internet. The internet is only used for updates. The software does not phone home. The updates are a one time download, once you click on the link the link is no longer active. In my case I was able to save the update file. The link arrives to your email, you then click on the link to receive the update. You do not need to be in any location to receive the update. Hell you could be at the north pole and if you have an internet connection you will receive the update.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Streamline.... Don't feel bad that you've not had any luck with your detector. There is a learning curve with all of them. Stick with it and you'll find something.

EVERYONE HERE: An Invitation.....
I'm going to be out at the claim in Greaterville from the 15th of March to the 23rd. If any of you would like to come on down and do some detecting or drywashing just let me know. If you want to run a re-circ system you'll have to bring water with you as the pond is almost dry. All I ask is that you let me know where you find what while you're there. I am thinking that this will do a couple of things. First it will give us a chance to get together and meet. Second it will give everyone a chance to find some gold and it will also help me to get the testing done quickly. There's 20 acres that need to be tested and trying to do all that with just me and Robi would take forever!

I have PDF files with maps on how to get there if you'd like to join us.

PS... Pm me your e-mail address so I can send the PDF maps. They're large files like most PDFs are and I don't want to load up the server here.

J.

Yep, learning curve + getting it over gold in the first place lol. It did help me find some concentrated black sands in a high bench however, which led to quite a bit of flour gold last time out.

Sent you a PM btw, I will be out of town that week but if any other weekend you still need help lmk.

Last edited:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once Footprints is installed you do not need the internet. The internet is only used for updates. The software does not phone home. The updates are a one time download, once you click on the link the link is no longer active. In my case I was able to save the update file. The link arrives to your email, you then click on the link to receive the update. You do not need to be in any location to receive the update. Hell you could be at the north pole and if you have an internet connection you will receive the update.

Thanks for covering me on that AzViper. :thumbsup: I couldn't have explained it better myself!

Sorry for missing this thread. I've been swamped for the last 24. I'm hoping there will be time for sleep this evening. :sadsmiley:

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We need some FootPrints for so cal....

Many more FootPrints are planned, including Southern California. It takes the two of us 4 - 6 months 12 hours a day to make one FootPrint so it will always be a slow process to get out new FootPrints maps.

FootPrints maps are only a small part of what we do. We try to give them priority but life is not always so simple. I just got off a 1 1/2 hour conference call with several principles of a mining company, they don't even know what a FootPrint is but they do want things done as soon as possible.

As far as a phone app... Sure! Just as soon as your phone can handle that much processing and data we will port it over to a phone app. That's a long way off for now.

Just having the claims on your phone isn't going to help you much. Claims are only part of the equation. To prospect an area you need to know the land status. Unclaimed areas may be private property, patented, closed to entry or about 50 other things that would affect what you can do there. Claims alone would be almost worthless to the prospector. Without the whole package you would be working blind.

Rick-SAR

May 26, 2011
New in Area - San Tan Valley

Just moved here from Yuma and looking for a prospecting partner of someone that knows the area that will let me follow them have my own equipment - went prospecting near Yuma about twice a week the last three years. Use a Drop Trap and a vertical P-Trap sluice. Only have room in Jeep for you, extra water, lunch and a shovel - that is if you want to help. Can pick up someone in San Tan Valley, Queen Creek, East Mesa and Apache Junction. I also give presentations (1 hr.) at prospecting clubs (presented in all the clubs in Albuquerque and the one in Yuma). Presentations cover the Drop Trap sluice, Vertical P-Trap sluice and Desert Survival. Use my own projector and have handouts on all three. No charge just do it for fun (I retired as the Director of Search and Rescue for the New Mexico State Police so have a long back ground in survival etc.). If you would like to go with me or let me follow you so I can be more familiar with the area let me know. Or if you know of a club that might like me to do a presentation please let me know - I do the Desert talk for all kinds of club and groups - RV parks etc..

Rick 505 238-8669

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
First off welcome to the valley, and to t-net.
I live over here by Queen Valley, towards Globe.
After I get my truck fixed, or a better truck we can get together some time. Do you belong to any clubs here yet?
Your presentation sounds very interesting and you have some great credentials to go along with it.
Do you have a metal detector?

Rick-SAR

May 26, 2011
First off welcome to the valley, and to t-net.
I live over here by Queen Valley, towards Globe.
After I get my truck fixed, or a better truck we can get together some time. Do you belong to any clubs here yet?
Your presentation sounds very interesting and you have some great credentials to go along with it.
Do you have a metal detector?

Thanks for the reply. No I don't belong to any clubs yet. Can you help me in one or two I might join? Yes, I have an old top of the line Garrett. Have no idea of places to prospect around here. Most that I have heard about are NW of Phoenix.

Rick

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am personaly going to join the GPAA.
Here is a link. GPAA Club.
They have a lot of claims to work all over the US.
I have an older Garrett Groundhog. And a Goldmaster v/sat.
Roadrunners is good but pricey. Can buy a lifetime membership.
Then there are a few around Stanton,ect to join also.
Some others hopefully will chime in on their clubs.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just moved here from Yuma and looking for a prospecting partner of someone that knows the area that will let me follow them have my own equipment - went prospecting near Yuma about twice a week the last three years. Use a Drop Trap and a vertical P-Trap sluice. Only have room in Jeep for you, extra water, lunch and a shovel - that is if you want to help. Can pick up someone in San Tan Valley, Queen Creek, East Mesa and Apache Junction. I also give presentations (1 hr.) at prospecting clubs (presented in all the clubs in Albuquerque and the one in Yuma). Presentations cover the Drop Trap sluice, Vertical P-Trap sluice and Desert Survival. Use my own projector and have handouts on all three. No charge just do it for fun (I retired as the Director of Search and Rescue for the New Mexico State Police so have a long back ground in survival etc.). If you would like to go with me or let me follow you so I can be more familiar with the area let me know. Or if you know of a club that might like me to do a presentation please let me know - I do the Desert talk for all kinds of club and groups - RV parks etc..

Rick
Hey Rick. I belong to the roadrunners. We have over 200 claims to work. Most of the claims we have are in the golden triangle. Basically, wickenburg to blackcanyon city to prescott to wickenburg. Pretty much the bradshaw range. If you get a BLM map and start poking into the bradshaws, find some unclaimed areas and do some prospecting. There are plenty of unclaimed areas if you don't want to join a club. Also, on a sidenote, it is not a good idea to put your phone number on an open forum. Any yahoo can see this thread and share your number, or call you up. Just a friendly tip. Looking out for ya.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey rick me and a couple others are in Mesa area. We've gone out a couple of times. Plus I go towards rich hill about once a month and occasionally towards greaterville area. Plus I go towards payson area and play in the hills towards Roosevelt. If you want we could head that way. Always looking to explore areas. So you could PM me and we could possibly hit some spots. Wednesdays are when I head out of payson to play in the hills before I come back to the valley. So we could meet up too.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some pics from my outing at Jeff's Greaterville claim

A couple pics taken shortly after arrival. Once we started to dig, I was too tired to take anymore. Spectacular area to be in. I thank Jeff for letting us work on his claim and Garret for letting me go there with him.

Attachments

• Garret and Jeff at Jeff's Greaterville claim.jpg
    Garret and Jeff at Jeff's Greaterville claim.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 67
  • Scenery 2 at Jeff's Greaterville claim.jpg
    Scenery 2 at Jeff's Greaterville claim.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome to TNet StreamlineGold!! I am in far east Mesa. I am a drywasher guy who currently does not have a gas blower. But I am trying to rectify that. I have been out with Garret a few times helping him dig and run his recirc sluice which is a fine piece of kit.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. I have a lil recirc system I tote along too. Just need a better way to bring water. Usually take 4 or 5 hd buckets but its a real pain in the ass to keep them from falling over.

Looking forward to rich hill this weekend. Hope to find some good color. Btw any word from what's changed at weaver anyone?

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey streamline, when are you heading up? I'm thinking about Thursday/Friday myself. Wondering if others might be able to go as well. Elgatonoche can't make it, so there's room in the truck for another. So if anybody else wants to tag along. PM me. I'm looking to get my 60+ gals and run whatever else I get in the field. Just depends if somebody else is digging it. Last time somebody jumped one of my prime digs. So had to go to alternate hole.
Plus I'll be going to weaver group to get current maps. Let's hope they're correct. Lol. I'm hoping to explore some other areas as well. Time permitting.

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have an 80 acre claim South of Prescott that I have submitted a POO for. Been at it back and forth with the Forestry Service for quite sometime. I'm not in a hurry to start the op as I'm still looking for investors but there is SO much gold on the claim however small to warrant further investigation. At this point I have filed for a CE and should be getting it soon. I am going out in a couple of weeks to mark the road out for ingress and egress. Anyone want to meet me out there and do some prospecting let me know in advance as you are welcome. The 100TPH across the Hassayampa failed as they were set up for Klondike gold catching...not small stuff like we have on my claim. I'm trying to find a business partner to help me fabricate small trommels and such for resale to the public. I'm a Mechanical Engineer with 30 years of mining experience that will design the equipment. I know what works and what doesn't. Everything on the market is way over priced but is selling which means there is a good market for it. I have developed a "dry" system unlike anything on the market so if your interested send me an email to [email protected]
I want to establish my small fab shop and residence in Prescott where my family and I are going to move to end of this year. My wife is a Gero Nurse Practioner so I don't think she should have a problem finding a job. Take all and look forward to hearing from you soon. PS..I posted this on another forum

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread