AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

Indiana_Jonz

Jun 10, 2004
Fl.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have an 80 acre claim South of Prescott that I have submitted a POO for. Been at it back and forth with the Forestry Service for quite sometime. I'm not in a hurry to start the op as I'm still looking for investors but there is SO much gold on the claim however small to warrant further investigation. At this point I have filed for a CE and should be getting it soon. I am going out in a couple of weeks to mark the road out for ingress and egress. Anyone want to meet me out there and do some prospecting let me know in advance as you are welcome. The 100TPH across the Hassayampa failed as they were set up for Klondike gold catching...not small stuff like we have on my claim. I'm trying to find a business partner to help me fabricate small trommels and such for resale to the public. I'm a Mechanical Engineer with 30 years of mining experience that will design the equipment. I know what works and what doesn't. Everything on the market is way over priced but is selling which means there is a good market for it. I have developed a "dry" system unlike anything on the market so if your interested send me an email to [email protected]
I want to establish my small fab shop and residence in Prescott where my family and I are going to move to end of this year. My wife is a Gero Nurse Practioner so I don't think she should have a problem finding a job. Take all and look forward to hearing from you soon.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since its gonna be cold and rainy on sat I Prob won't make it out to rh but I do plan on doing something close by on Sunday

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
have an 80 acre claim South of Prescott that I have submitted a POO for. Been at it back and forth with the Forestry Service for quite sometime. I'm not in a hurry to start the op as I'm still looking for investors but there is SO much gold on the claim however small to warrant further investigation. At this point I have filed for a CE and should be getting it soon. I am going out in a couple of weeks to mark the road out for ingress and egress. Anyone want to meet me out there and do some prospecting let me know in advance as you are welcome. The 100TPH across the Hassayampa failed as they were set up for Klondike gold catching...not small stuff like we have on my claim. I'm trying to find a business partner to help me fabricate small trommels and such for resale to the public. I'm a Mechanical Engineer with 30 years of mining experience that will design the equipment. I know what works and what doesn't. Everything on the market is way over priced but is selling which means there is a good market for it. I have developed a "dry" system unlike anything on the market so if your interested send me an email to [email protected]
I want to establish my small fab shop and residence in Prescott where my family and I are going to move to end of this year. My wife is a Gero Nurse Practioner so I don't think she should have a problem finding a job. Take all and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sounds awesome. Good luck.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Have fun dealing with the F.S. on that POO. In our area they really like giving everyone the run around on getting them approved. One guy near me has been going back and forth with them for a couple of years now and still no approval in sight.

As long as you're following normal mining practices, a POO isn't needed. You only have to file a 15 day NIO or so I've been told by those in the know. Since we're still working small scale I haven't had a chance to put that to the test. There is also a time period on the POO when you file it that you may want to check into. If they haven't gotten back to you within 90 days (check this time period) the POO is considered as approved. Bone up on all the mining laws, both state and federal, to make sure that they can't mess with you. I keep a copy of all the laws on site so we can refer to them if the LEOS stop by to give us a hard time. I'd estimate that 95% of the F.S. rangers have zero knowledge of the mining laws and the rights we are given by congress.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Have fun dealing with the F.S. on that POO. In our area they really like giving everyone the run around on getting them approved. One guy near me has been going back and forth with them for a couple of years now and still no approval in sight.

As long as you're following normal mining practices, a POO isn't needed. You only have to file a 15 day NIO or so I've been told by those in the know. Since we're still working small scale I haven't had a chance to put that to the test. There is also a time period on the POO when you file it that you may want to check into. If they haven't gotten back to you within 90 days (check this time period) the POO is considered as approved. Bone up on all the mining laws, both state and federal, to make sure that they can't mess with you. I keep a copy of all the laws on site so we can refer to them if the LEOS stop by to give us a hard time. I'd estimate that 95% of the F.S. rangers have zero knowledge of the mining laws and the rights we are given by congress.

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Cube, Royal Mini Highbanker, Angus Mackirk sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gilbert AZ checking in. I have a Mini Highbanker would love to meet up with everyone and try and learn this new hobby. One thing no one told me I started with one pan and for the life of me I cant figure out where the other 10 came from.

Rick-SAR

May 26, 2011
Gilbert AZ checking in. I have a Mini Highbanker would love to meet up with everyone and try and learn this new hobby. One thing no one told me I started with one pan and for the life of me I cant figure out where the other 10 came from.

Welcome. I'm new also and have about 10 pans that I don't know where they came from also. Monday I'm off to buy a new one that the dealer said that it would want me to throw the other 9 away - we will see.

Again welcome.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gilbert AZ here too, usually try to get out at least once or twice a month

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Hello, greetings, and welcome. With a handle like that you must be a trucker. I keep losing pans, pocketknives, lighters, hats, flashlights and other things. One time I lost a wrench out camping and seven years later I was camping with a friend and his family and his little girl comes up holding a wrench going "Look what I found!" It was my wrench.

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Indiana_Jonz since I am a drywasher guy, I am interested in your system. Maybe you could demonstrate it to us sometime or shoot a YouTube video? I am no Ace Fabricator, but I manage to build wooden highbankers and drywashers and other odds and ends. When I was much younger, I built steel heat treating furnaces around central Ohio. I did some welding, but was mostly the refractory and pipe fitting guy and the thought of smelling thread cutting oil still makes me sick to my stomach. Marion Dresser was one of the places we went quite often and we worked out of Columbus. Welcome!

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
elgatodelnoche well I have been in the business along time not driving anymore actually brokering. I am interested in your dry washer set up as well. I would like to try and make my own if possible. Currently getting the parts together to make a vacuum.

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
StreamlineGold I am trying to get out more as well. I hit Dumb Luck 2 weeks ago found very little color but anything excites me at least I was skunked. I have a a little Geo Tracker 2WD that I use dont want to ruin my daily car so I am limited on where I can go. Heading up there again this weekend for the day might see if I can get on Yahoo claim.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well my trip to rich hill was a quick one, as well as a good one. I went with James and when I finally got to my spot. This guy from Colorado was working my hole that I call the scholarship fund hole. Plus he was working my friends "glory hole". So I then had to work another spot. Glad this areas got a lot of areas to hit. Can't wait for March to end. This year, there were a lot of visitors in the area. Glad to have them here. Just wish they'd stop digging my spots. Lol.
Well James and I started digging and digging. Got the totes filled quickly and left the buckets at the spot. Then up to

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well my trip to rich hill was a quick one, as well as a good one. I went with James and when I finally got to my spot. This guy from Colorado was working my hole that I call the scholarship fund hole. Plus he was working my friends "glory hole". So I then had to work another spot. Glad this areas got a lot of areas to hit. Can't wait for March to end. This year, there were a lot of visitors in the area. Glad to have them here. Just wish they'd stop digging my spots. Lol.
Well James and I started digging and digging. Got the totes filled quickly and left the buckets at the spot. Then up to the camp to setup. We had arrived at the spot later in the day. So that's why we only did the totes.
So after the camp was setup, we setup the sluice and ran about ten gallons to see what we had in the dirt. So the first pic is what was in the first ten gallons. After that, we went down and filled the buckets till it got dark.
The next day, we ran one of the smaller totes (14 gallons). This pic (2nd) shows the total from this run.
So after running this dirt we went back to the hole. Talked a bit to the Colorado digger. Man could he get material. He didn't have to classify since he had a reverse helix trommel up in Stanton. So after chatting, we started talking the buckets and also filling the smaller tote. In total we wound up getting 106 gallons of dirt. Plus we pulled out about 15 gallons if drywashed material from another hole that these guys from Utah had worked. James took that material plus half the dirt. We'll get some pics from the totals after done running material.
About those guys from Utah. They'd bought a claim west of RH for 2k. I forgot the name of the claim, but they had been working it with a backhoe for three months. They got nothing. So they came over to our area. After they told me of their claim, I had to laugh (inside that is). I asked them if they had tested or even talked to the previous owner of locations where gold was found. They never tested or asked about that prior to buying. So those of us who are looking to buy. Please do the homework first. I'd hate to just drop money on a spot that absolutely doesn't have gold. Or at least understand how to get it. I know they only hit the wash. It was probably cleaned out. So they didn't try other areas outside the wash.

Attachments

• image-241758501.jpg
    image-241758501.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 82
  • image-1537197883.jpg
    image-1537197883.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 91

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry about posting half the story. Accidentally hit send.

prosoloact

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey;
I'm out of E Mesa, and have tried 3 times to actually 'drive' onto the new GPAA claim in Q Valley. Are u familiar with it? I have a Keene Gold wheel, Falcon MD20, and a fullsize 4x4 truck with hitch, to pull atv's, if u have them.
Joel
[email protected]

prosoloact

Tenderfoot
Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dnt know if u got my 1st reply. R U familiar with the new GPAA claim there? I've driven to it three times. but can't find a way to actually 'drive' onto it.
I have a Keene gold wheel, Falcon md20, and a fullsize 4x4 to pull a couple atv's on a trailer, if u might be interested in an outing.
Joe

Frghtshkr

Apr 23, 2013
Gilbert AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Proso I am not familiar with that claim. I am a GPAA member. Whats the name of that claim. Is this in Queen Valley? Going to have to look at my old Pick And Shovels Gaz. I usually head up to Dumb Luck claim off the 74.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dnt know if u got my 1st reply. R U familiar with the new GPAA claim there? I've driven to it three times. but can't find a way to actually 'drive' onto it.
I have a Keene gold wheel, Falcon md20, and a fullsize 4x4 to pull a couple atv's on a trailer, if u might be interested in an outing.
Joe

I went out to it last weekend. I couldn't find the recommended route but found a route off Hewitt canyon rd that got me close and it was a good half mile hike to get to the se claim marker. I thought my gps coordinates were wrong at first but right when we were about to run out of light I found it.

I will say it doesn't look like your typical gold bearing ground like you see up in the bradshaws but I have yet to explore the rest of the claim. Just not a lot of quartz and no water to speak of so that always makes it tricky. Even after the big rain it was hard to fin even a puddle

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Need a head count byt next Friday.

If those of you that have said you're going to make the outing at our claim between the 15th and 23rd would be kind enough to send me a PM with what days you'll be there it would be great. I would kind of like to have an idea on who to expect when. If possible, please let me know by the 13th. Please remember that it's bring yer own water is you're going to set up a recirc system and there's lots of great areas to detecting.

We're heading out this weekend so I can get some materials to run so I don't go nuts before the outing. :BangHead: I'll also be clearing off the old foundation so I can use it as a tent site during the outing and in the future. :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread