AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
Fain Lake?___ I'm not all that good in that area but i followed walker rd south towards walker on google earth and could not find a fein lake..... found a small lake way down thru walker where it meets up with senator hwy going to groom creek.
Any help finding that spot with co-ordinates or a cross street as i like that area in the summer to get away from the valley heat
thnx :)

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fain lake is a Prescott Valley City Park just off Hwy 69. The lake is where Lynx Creek and Rose Creek join. You can't pan the lake but above the dam (west side) you can pan Rose Creek.

It's all private land there but the owners have been very tolerant of recreational panners as long as they don't make a mess or move in. You can't keep anybody out of your diggins but some good gold is found there by some. Respect the area and it might stay open. :thumbsup:

The location is

14N 1W Section 21

-112.3518 34.5758

From I-17, travel west on SR 69 toward Prescott Valley, turn left on Glassford Hills road. Turn right on 2nd Street and go past ADOT yard. Follow Fain Park signs to lake.

Heavy Pans

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Primary Interest:
Other
I found it Clay..... Thank you and i will check it out next time i am up in that area as there is always a few pans for samplingn my truck
Joe

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I go there regularly, there's good gold there. I've pulled a few grams out of there and it's never too crowded

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that dam clay is talking about is that east or west of stoneridge rd (or east or west of the lake)..... my GE map shows lots of construction and not enough streets to help me

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe that lake your talking about is a cool area tho thats the headwaters of the hassayampa river..did you see the senator mine? Its cool but didnt find much placer up in that area seems to be mostly lode deposits..

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy and are thinking of going up there either tuesday or thursday this week. Last 2 outings that lucky sob found a .25g picker both times sitting ontop of a rock

Last edited:

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Primary Interest:
Other
Joe that lake your talking about is a cool area tho thats the headwaters of the hassayampa river..did you see the senator mine? Its cool but didnt find much placer up in that area seems to be mostly lode deposits..

I didn't do much of anything up there..... just wanted to figure out how to get from Walker via walker rd over to groom creek (via senator hwy to mt vernon rd back into town)

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Primary Interest:
Other
My buddy and are thinking of going up there either tuesday or thursday this week. Last 2 outings that lucky sob found a .25g picker both times sitting ontop of a rock

How could you not love "Sun Bakers" :)

Rick-SAR

May 26, 2011
My girl friend has a cabin about 15 miles north of Heber. Any one know of any placer areas in the general area? I spend a lot of time on the GPAA claims northeast of Morristown. Thanks, love the thread.

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few in the Payson area..down by Oxbow hill..I am sure there are a few more areas east of there but thats as far as I have researched

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed out today..wish us luck! As of now we are going to rose creek if time permits

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Primary Interest:
Other
Luck :)
Fill that Poke

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Let us know how the water levels are, last time I was there, there was but a puddle over some bedrock, just enough to run my electric highbanker

Rose Creek_HB_20150621.jpg

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, it's a dredge combo I found on craigslist for $150, all of the hoses and nozzle, might be the find of the year for me, unless I find a nice pay streak to feed it with. I'm going to strip it and drop in hog mat. It's a little over 6' long with the hopper.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread