AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
That is always nice to hear :)

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A monsoon hit while we were out there it really ramped up the flow infact it was bank to bank for a few mins

Rick-SAR

May 26, 2011
Thanks, I'll look in the area. Found some closed claims wsw of Heber (about 6 miles). I will look them over next trip. Again thanks - Rick

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks, I'll look in the area. Found some closed claims wsw of Heber (about 6 miles). I will look them over next trip. Again thanks - Rick

The claims west of Heber have been made for the Iron deposits there and some Manganese. I seriously doubt you will find any gold. The nearest gold to Heber that I know of is in Rye, south of Payson, and on the Blue River, across the border in New Mexico.

It will be interesting to see what you find. Good Luck and

Heavy Pans

Rick-SAR

May 26, 2011
Thanks Heavy Pans. Found both old 1986 Lode and Placer claims (all closed) I will be check out next trip. One of the claims cross HW 260 and found a FS road going though the claim. Let you know what I find out. Thanksj

Rick-SAR

timemachine

Apr 8, 2015
Seattle
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000 / Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy, I'm in dt Phoenix right now; have detector, will travel. Mostly hike in the mornings as the weather allows, but come fall, I'll be back out swinging all over. Have an itch to scratch!

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey, where are all the AZ people at?! Hopefully out digging judging by the silence of this thread lately. Get that shiny yellow metal ya'll

rockbar

Oct 19, 2015
AZ
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think El Nino has possibly interfered with some miner's plans. I know it has with mine.

This time last year, I was mining full bore and had all the water I needed. El Nino storms look to have hit much of the state, but the water just isn't there for me.

I would guess that most of the deserts are too wet to drywash. So, it seems we are in a challenging in-between state for typical small scale placer gold mining.

I may take this down time and do excavation work, but am in an information-gathering mode before I take the next step. Translation… not much getting done.

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ive been getting out almost every weekend up into the Bradshaws. It's cold...well, for AZ it is, but there is plenty of water up there right now. What part of AZ are you in rockbar

Slow pan

Greenie
Dec 15, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been getting out last couple weekend's. To wet for drywasher where I have been but doing some panning. Getting a fines and flakes no complaints as long as there is color in the pan.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was thinking of getting out this weekend to do some beeping. Prob a little cold for dredging. Even for me. Which is saying a lot...

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe roadrunner or tophunt wants to lead the way?

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm heading to Rose Creek to highbank. I've had to break up the ice in the creek the last 2 times, but those 2 times yielded a nugget each visit. I don't have the gear to dredge, but it'll be warm enough soon

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Where are you all dredging, my son wants to try it, and I aquired a GB mini highbanker.
Will be joining the GPAA at the gold show.
Maybe sooner at the phoenix meeting.

wtetro

Jan 6, 2013
Aridzona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GPAA has a lot of claims here in AZ. Most of the creeks from the Bradshaws are running right now, several where the GPAA has claims. Depending on your vehicle, I believe there are claims in the Bumblebee area that would be a goid place to start

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GPAA has a lot of claims here in AZ. Most of the creeks from the Bradshaws are running right now, several where the GPAA has claims. Depending on your vehicle, I believe there are claims in the Bumblebee area that would be a goid place to start

GPAA just lost most (All? 10 claims) of their claims around Black Canyon City. Don't know about Bumblebee I didn't know they had any claims there?

Heavy Pans

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread