Baby owl 🦉found my car quite attractive.. slower week but managed a merc, a milk, some odds and ends in the water.

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to leave my cousins house and while I was starting car I looked up and saw a head and little ears right in the center of my grill. Initial reaction was ok what joker put a stuffed animal on my grill as a hood ornament. Turned out to be this little fella. His family was in tree above my car. Seems Mr or Ms owl 🦉 tried to leave nest, realized it wasn't very good at flying and decided my car grille was a suitable perch. My cousin got the owl to jump on a tree branch and gave it a lift back to family in tree. It was reluctant to get off branch at 1st but the owl calls welcomed it home so the owl got off branch and back with its family. We all left before mama owl came back.

Finds for the week from water and woods. No idea on the button. Front of a 2 piece button with text on banners I can't quite make out. Random lead thing I can't figure out what it is, bail seal, pewter stick with hole in it, other brass stuff and a nice milk I've never found before that was ensnared in a tree root. Had to be cut out.

Attachments

• IMG_20220529_232525_009.jpg
    IMG_20220529_232525_009.jpg
    423.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 20220609_121851.jpg
    20220609_121851.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 146
  • 20220605_180559.jpg
    20220605_180559.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 88
  • 20220605_175304.jpg
    20220605_175304.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 143
Upvote 25

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! That owl is adorable!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to leave my cousins house and while I was starting car I looked up and saw a head and little ears right in the center of my grill. Initial reaction was ok what joker put a stuffed animal on my grill as a hood ornament. Turned out to be this little fella. His family was in tree above my car. Seems Mr or Ms owl 🦉 tried to leave nest, realized it wasn't very good at flying and decided my car grille was a suitable perch. My cousin got the owl to jump on a tree branch and gave it a lift back to family in tree. It was reluctant to get off branch at 1st but the owl calls welcomed it home so the owl got off branch and back with its family. We all left before mama owl came back.

Finds for the week from water and woods. No idea on the button. Front of a 2 piece button with text on banners I can't quite make out. Random lead thing I can't figure out what it is, bail seal, pewter stick with hole in it, other brass stuff and a nice milk I've never found before that was ensnared in a tree root. Had to be cut out.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!$

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That owl pic is really cool, Great story!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

cool finds, love that silver, really love that owl

OP
OP
RatherBeDigging

RatherBeDigging

Jun 16, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Started with a Minelab X-Terra 505 with stock coil or 18.75khz elliptical coil depending upon the site. Upgraded to Equinox 600 with stock coil, xl coil and sinper coil depending on circumstances.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks all. I'll post video of it going for stick ride and link it. I had birds growing up so know if you put a stick up to just above their feet they usually hop on. If you list carefullyyou can hear the other owls calling.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread