Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I went back to the creek it’s like a drainage canal/creek the people that live alongside the creek seem to always grow these bending bamboo to be in 61 and have another detector in a scoop it’s like walking through the jungle but I try. I’m not the one that finds a lot of fines but I try to keep it interesting and this is interesting it’s a beautiful button it’s off a fashion button and an underwear button and I got a bracelet so I call it a success, But respect to all you water hunters out there it wears me out.

P.S. I have just as much fun posting my fines after I clean them up and show you guys than finding it so thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 230
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 100
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 103
Upvote 27

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I went back to the creek it’s like a drainage canal/creek the people that live alongside the creek seem to always grow these bending bamboo to be in 61 and have another detector in a scoop it’s like walking through the jungle but I try. I’m not the one that finds a lot of fines but I try to keep it interesting and this is interesting it’s a beautiful button it’s off a fashion button and an underwear button and I got a bracelet so I call it a success, But respect to all you water hunters out there it wears me out.

P.S. I have just as much fun posting my fines after I clean them up and show you guys than finding it so thank you
That’s one awesome flat button! Congratulations

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your decorated button looks to be early-20thc, probably cast from pot metal. :icon_scratch:

But this bracelet you found is definitely the star of your detecting show Truth! :hello2:
I'm thinking it dates from the 1920's... maybe consider posting it in the What is it forum to get more info and a date on it.
Dave

image-crop.jpg

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool brass bracelet and button.
Haven't seen a button as that being posted up before.
The bracelet seems to ring a bell, just not grabbing the memory at the moment.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice old stuff!!! Congrats!!! Like the bird button!!

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your decorated button looks to be early-20thc, probably cast from pot metal. :icon_scratch:

But this bracelet you found is definitely the star of your detecting show Truth! :hello2:
I'm thinking it dates from the 1920's... maybe consider posting it in the What is it forum to get more info and a date on it.
Dave

View attachment 2011593
Thank you Dave

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not exactly what I would call a water hunt, unless it was once a swimming hole. That's just wet relic hunting. :laughing7:
Bracelet looks Asian maybe?

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good post. You seem like the type that thinks out of the box and trys places that noone else probably would. Thats where the undiscovered finds are. Off the beaten path. Good advice for everyone.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not exactly what I would call a water hunt, unless it was once a swimming hole. That's just wet relic hunting. :laughing7:
Bracelet looks Asian maybe?
Well I had such a horrible time on beaches and with this I have to use the scoop it does get like a foot deep or pass that but yes I will settle wet relic hunting anytime lol
Good post. You seem like the type that thinks out of the box and trys places that noone else probably would. Thats where the undiscovered finds are. Off the beaten path. Good advice for everyone.
Diggit I do because 95% of my hunting is public property so I HAVE to think out the box

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions