Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cold keeps lingering in northern Nevada, so I headed south to enjoy the nice weather. Got to hunt twice so far with the Legend. Concentrated on an area that I really covered hard with the Simplex to see if I could sniff out any more good targets. Well, whats not in the pics is a big pile of clad (about $15 worth).

Funny thing at this spot is I've found religious articles every time I've been here. Maybe was a destination for church groups or ?

Going to try and hit it hard for a few days before I have to go back north.

Attachments

• 0417221900.jpeg
    0417221900.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • 0417221858.jpeg
    0417221858.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
  • 0417221901a.jpeg
    0417221901a.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 79
  • 0417221901.jpeg
    0417221901.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
Upvote 19

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The cold keeps lingering in northern Nevada, so I headed south to enjoy the nice weather. Got to hunt twice so far with the Legend. Concentrated on an area that I really covered hard with the Simplex to see if I could sniff out any more good targets. Well, whats not in the pics is a big pile of clad (about $15 worth).

Funny thing at this spot is I've found religious articles every time I've been here. Maybe was a destination for church groups or ?

I love that religious medal! Congratulations!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

very nice silver haul!! what an awesome site. the Legend really picks out the goodies too, well done. BTW, my Buffalo nickels never look like that, always completely brown

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice silver haul!! what an awesome site. the Legend really picks out the goodies too, well done. BTW, my Buffalo nickels never look like that, always completely brown
These come out of the ground so nasty that it's hard to tell what it is. I put white vinegar in the freezer until it gets slushy, then pour off the liquid, add a little peroxide and drop the nickels in. Usually takes 6-8 hours before the crud dissolves. Then flip them over so the other side gets clean. You know it's working when the solution starts turning light blue.

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These come out of the ground so nasty that it's hard to tell what it is. I put white vinegar in the freezer until it gets slushy, then pour off the liquid, add a little peroxide and drop the nickels in. Usually takes 6-8 hours before the crud dissolves. Then flip them over so the other side gets clean. You know it's working when the solution starts turning light blue.
This method will also remove the copper color off silver that's had electrolysis done on it.

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds with the Legend.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks so much

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds I like finding religious medals pendants ect. Im jeluos I remember being in poker tournaments at Laughlin Riverside colorado river area is amazing Great post keep up the great finds. Tommy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread