Back for good! Silver drachm.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to get back at an old site, after two years. Someone has been cutting and cleaning the east side of the hill. It looked like a park on 40° :).
A few Roman coins. Just close to an olive tree, planted lately, the silver drachm was around 3 cm deep.
IMG-20220309-WA0087_1_1.jpg
IMG-20220309-WA0085_1_1.jpg
Probably it came out when the tree was planted. I can read only the first magistrates, EYME.
Apollonia, Illyria. AR drachm. 18 mm, 2.66 g. Magistrates Eyme. EYME above cow standing right, suckling calf.

Heading to the top of the hill, there were less targets and deeper. I had to dig for 20 minutes just to be nearth a big hammered iron nail.
One of these deep signals was this bronze piece. Interesting. Still I don't have any idea what it might be.
IMG-20220309-WA0090.jpeg

Upvote 25

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2014947 It looks like a Roman bronze ewer handle with mask and probably, he's Bacchus.
Bacchus was the god of the grape harvest, wine-making, and wine. He was associated with ritual madness and ecstasy, particularly on account of his female worshippers, the Maenads.
I was going to say the same on the Roman mount.
Nice find & the silver is really nice as well. Congrats

Last edited:

Swamp Fox

Sep 22, 2019
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT Minelab Equinox 600 Garrett A T Pro Garrett A T Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to get back at an old site, after two years. Someone has been cutting and cleaning the east side of the hill. It looked like a park on 40° :).
A few Roman coins. Just close to an olive tree, planted lately, the silver drachm was around 3 cm deep.
View attachment 2014847 View attachment 2014848 Probably it came out when the tree was planted. I can read only the first magistrates, EYME.
Apollonia, Illyria. AR drachm. 18 mm, 2.66 g. Magistrates Eyme. EYME above cow standing right, suckling calf.

Heading to the top of the hill, there were less targets and deeper. I had to dig for 20 minutes just to be nearth a big hammered iron nail.
One of these deep signals was this bronze piece. Interesting. Still I don't have any idea what it might be.
View attachment 2014849
interesting recovery

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions