Back from my Honeymoon and Back to diggin!

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in a couple of short hunts after I got back this week. The first was at little Tahoe beach. Finds were scarce as the lake is unseasonably cold right now and nobody's going in except the kiddies. I think the gas prices are having a huge effect on the tourism also.
Pulled $4.80 in clad, two gold crowns, a smashed penny from Chicago, a .45 WCF cartridge, an aluminum bracelet, a tent stake, a basketball needle and other random hardware. I find gold crowns at Tahoe every summer. Must be some rough-housing going on. They tested 16k and almost 4 grams, so about $145 in melt value.
0630221641.jpeg

0630221641a.jpeg

The second spot I hit was a small grassy area at the local elementary school where I managed to locate $4.15 in clad, 3 rings, a bracelet, an earring and other junk jewelry, and a 1935 wheattie. The jewelry is all junk except for the thin 925 silver 'wave' ring. That makes 99 silvers ytd!

0630221625.jpeg

0630221626.jpeg

0630221626a.jpeg

Okay, back at it now! Thanks fer lookin and good luck to all!

Upvote 15

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr.rat, during your last adventure, did you use proper detecting procedures? Could you look back and see where you had been? :3some:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got in a couple of short hunts after I got back this week. The first was at little Tahoe beach. Finds were scarce as the lake is unseasonably cold right now and nobody's going in except the kiddies. I think the gas prices are having a huge effect on the tourism also.
Pulled $4.80 in clad, two gold crowns, a smashed penny from Chicago, a .45 WCF cartridge, an aluminum bracelet, a tent stake, a basketball needle and other random hardware. I find gold crowns at Tahoe every summer. Must be some rough-housing going on. They tested 16k and almost 4 grams, so about $145 in melt value.
View attachment 2034656
View attachment 2034657

The second spot I hit was a small grassy area at the local elementary school where I managed to locate $4.15 in clad, 3 rings, a bracelet, an earring and other junk jewelry, and a 1935 wheattie. The jewelry is all junk except for the thin 925 silver 'wave' ring. That makes 99 silvers ytd!

View attachment 2034658
View attachment 2034659
View attachment 2034660

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2034656
View attachment 2034657

View attachment 2034658
View attachment 2034659
View attachment 2034660

Good ones.may you find a bunch more! The ankle coming along OK?

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good ones.may you find a bunch more! The ankle coming along OK?
Thanks Crash!
Ankle? My only current malady is turf-toe on my left foot from kneeling too much to dig all those lovely pull tabs I keep discovering. :laughing7:

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn,t your lovely bride take a fall and hurt her ankle? Or have I mixed up my threads again? Oh well,here,s to not hurting your ankle!:icon_thumleft:
No injuries here other than the typical getting old stuff like new aches and pains some mornings. :laughing7:

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your beautiful recoveries
Great Detail on your post
The gal where I take my gold to cash in always chuckles when I come in because I only cash in dental gold and odd smashed and mangled pieces. She must think I'm terrible at metal detecting because she never sees the good stuff. :laughing7:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure took a lot of digging thanks for sharing !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread