Back in the Saddle-Jamaica! Two ring hunt!

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
3C06FD1A-E616-409E-BC1A-D4A9DB221BE2.jpeg
3C06FD1A-E616-409E-BC1A-D4A9DB221BE2.jpeg
Hello everyone,

Been awhile, haven’t been out detecting in months and haven’t been beach detecting in years. The wife and I am in Jamaica right now at a resort and I dusted the cobwebs off of my Excal II and took her along. Hunted today in hip to chest deep water, had to borrow a dive belt from the water sports guy just so I could stay down long enough to fan and also had my garrot carrot which worked great! Found the titanium ring first, it has 3 small diamonds in it but haven’t tested them yet and then found the 10K gold ring near where a rocky shelf transitions to sand. Found several pieces of can slaw, a zipper pull, about 5 pieces of lead including a piece the size of my fist so maybe this place hasn’t been hit hard. The water sports guy told me to keep the dive belt all week so hopefully I can find some more! Only found one crusty coin, about the size of a Penny but can’t make anything out. Hitting the sand is an option as well but I always seem to have better finds in the water. Sorry if the photos loaded wrong, I haven’t tried posting since the site got an upgrade.

Upvote 13

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jamaica its supposedly illegal to metal detect
???
Ive had friends get machines confiscated at the airport
and they had to claim them when they left

OP
OP
kleinerschmitter

kleinerschmitter

Aug 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Excalibur II, Teknetics G2+
Primary Interest:
Other
Jamaica its supposedly illegal to metal detect
???
Ive had friends get machines confiscated at the airport
and they had to claim them when they left
Hmm, I’ve not ever had any issues, I’ve taken my Excal with me to Jamaica 3 times, 2015; 2019 and 2022. They sometimes at security will take a look at it but never had a threat to confiscate it and even if they did, you could slip them a $10 or $20 and they’d allow you through with it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some friends try to get off
Hmm, I’ve not ever had any issues, I’ve taken my Excal with me to Jamaica 3 times, 2015; 2019 and 2022. They sometimes at security will take a look at it but never had a threat to confiscate it and even if they did, you could slip them a $10 or $20 and they’d allow you through with it.
cruise ships with their gear and told its illegal -now
had a few at airport get their stuff confiscated and had to pick it up on way home
there are signs at airport on items not allowed in the country now - pictures of guns and stuff an a meatldetevtor is one of them

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the great finds! Sounds like you had some fun!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG on your finds - hopefully rules changed or
hope you dont get caught
my keepers from last 2 trips there
full

full

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding
WTG on your finds - hopefully rules changed or
hope you dont get caught
my keepers from last 2 trips there
full

full
Outstanding so so nice

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2026006 View attachment 2026006 Hello everyone,

Been awhile, haven’t been out detecting in months and haven’t been beach detecting in years. The wife and I am in Jamaica right now at a resort and I dusted the cobwebs off of my Excal II and took her along. Hunted today in hip to chest deep water, had to borrow a dive belt from the water sports guy just so I could stay down long enough to fan and also had my garrot carrot which worked great! Found the titanium ring first, it has 3 small diamonds in it but haven’t tested them yet and then found the 10K gold ring near where a rocky shelf transitions to sand. Found several pieces of can slaw, a zipper pull, about 5 pieces of lead including a piece the size of my fist so maybe this place hasn’t been hit hard. The water sports guy told me to keep the dive belt all week so hopefully I can find some more! Only found one crusty coin, about the size of a Penny but can’t make anything out. Hitting the sand is an option as well but I always seem to have better finds in the water. Sorry if the photos loaded wrong, I haven’t tried posting since the site got an upgrade.
Congratulations on your nice recoveries

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2026006 View attachment 2026006 Hello everyone,

Nice finds , congrats !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread