Central, Virginia
Detector(s) used
DEUS XP V5
MINELAB EXPLORER II
NAUTILUS DMC
WHITES COIN MASTER
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I first came on this site in 2012. Got my addiction from my Mom, who was digging relics in the 60's with a Whites. I was too young for school, so I was in toe with Her heading to various relic sites in Northern VA.
Fast forward to 2012. Mom passed in 2009, and I moved up from a Natulas to a Minelab Explorer II ..... still relic hunting. In 2015, My breathering was getting in bad shape. I could no longer hike the hills, and relic hunting was wearing me out. Still trying, but it was getting where it was too labor intensive. 2017 I was diagnosed with IPF, and put on oxygen. Tried to get back into swinging the Explorer, but with oxygen, pouch, shovel, and wired headphones, I threw in the towel. July 18, 2021 ..... I got a double lung transplant. Came out of surgery in flying colors. I have reached my six month lungaversey last week ..... decided to saddle up and get back into relic hunting. I needed to go lighter and up to date. So I picked up the Deus XP V5, last Friday.
Got out for the first time in 10+ years. Only able to grab m, an hour between crazy temperatures and snow. Pulled a 1905 Wheatie from 7 or 8 inches ...... man it felt good!!!!!
Now I have the ambition and desire to get back to my old hunting grounds ..... and feel the magic that the new technology presents.

Attachments

• PICT0026_zpsijayz0ij.jpg
    PICT0026_zpsijayz0ij.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 39
  • PICT0029_zpsgcrxiuvo.jpg
    PICT0029_zpsgcrxiuvo.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 19215.jpeg
    19215.jpeg
    244.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I first came on this site in 2012. Got my addiction from my Mom, who was digging relics in the 60's with a Whites. I was too young for school, so I was in toe with Her heading to various relic sites in Northern VA.
Fast forward to 2012. Mom passed in 2009, and I moved up from a Natulas to a Minelab Explorer II ..... still relic hunting. In 2005, My breathering was getting in bad shape. I could no longer hike the hills, and relic hunting was wearing me out. Still trying, but it was getting where it was too labor intensive. 2017 I was diagnosed with IPF, and put on oxygen. Tried to get back into swinging the Explorer, but with oxygen, pouch, shovel, and wired headphones, I threw in the towel. July 18, 2021 ..... I got a double lung transplant. Came out of surgery in flying colors. I have reached my six month lungaversey last week ..... decided to saddle up and get back into relic hunting. I needed to go lighter and up to date. So I picked up the Deus XP V5, last Friday.
Got out for the first time in 10+ years. Only able to grab m, an hour between crazy temperatures and snow. Pulled a 1905 Wheatie from 7 or 8 inches ...... man it felt good!!!!!
Now I have the ambition and desire to get back to my old hunting grounds ..... and feel the magic that the new technology presents.
God bless you, Bay Beagle, and may you have many enjoyable years digging up treasure. Thanks for sharing the story of your mother and your recovery. Both of you are amazing people. Cheers.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bay Beagle my heart is in tune wityh you. I Pray and hope you are able to returen to this sport or hobby. Good luck and keep us posted with stories :)

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May you have many many good times back out there enjoying this great hobby

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread