Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know....this machine just keeps impressing me!

I went for a 4 hour walk/stumble today, in another cornfield.

The take:

1226211806~2.jpg

See all those "relics"? That was all I had after 3 solid hours! Using the all metal mode.

I decided to experiment the last hour. I put the max into its coin mode and went over a small camping area. I have been over this same ground quite a few times, with the Pro. Didn't do too badly on those trips either! But, targets had become noticeably fewer and farther between.

So, I thought I'd try the Max's generic coin hunting mode just as it comes. Wanted to see how it sounded mostly because I've been hunting in the all metal mode pretty much since I got the detector.

Anyway....all those coins!? In slightly less than 1 hour!!? I am impressed! The ground has some junk and it auto ground tunes at about 91!! But this thing seemed to punch right thru!

Yep...I'm liking Big Max more and more! :)

Thanks for peeking!

Last edited:
Upvote 20

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know....this machine just keep impressing me!

The take:

View attachment 1998771
See all those "relics"? That was all I had after 3 solid hours! Using the all metal mode.

I decided to experiment the last hour. I put the max into its coin mode and went over a small camping area. I have been over this same ground quite a few times, with the Pro. Didn't do too badly on those trips either! But, targets had become noticeably fewer and farther between.

So, I thought I'd try the Max's generic coin hunting mode just as it comes. Wanted to see how it sounded mostly because I've been hunting in the all metal mode pretty much since I got the detector.

Anyway....all those coins!? In slightly less than 1 hour!!? I am impressed! The ground has some junk and it auto ground tunes at about 91!! But this thing seemed to punch right thru!

Thanks for peeking!
Well done!! Congrats!!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad you are doing well with the max. Please keep giving details about what you are doing. It helps me learn. Who’s the cutie above the ruler?
Thanks, milady!
The cutie doesn't talk much, shy, ya know? :dontknow:

Last edited:
OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walked/stumbled! I resemble that remark! Good work on the experiment,sometimes it pays to be unconventional.
It's hard to see now that the forum changed format. But, Treblehunter gave me a nickname a long while ago.
He called me "Stumbles-in-corn" and...it stuck. Used to show up under the avatar.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The take:

View attachment 1998771

Thanks for peeking!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The take:

View attachment 1998771

Thanks for peeking!
that's my kind of stumble, nice hunt and thanks for posting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread