Backpack Found for CTX 3030 Size Detector

califteacher

Sep 30, 2012
Vista, San Diego County, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030 and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been looking for a backpack-style bag that I could use to carry my Minelab CTX3030, and have finally found one. I was interested in a bag with two straps, like a backpack, that I could use when traveling to remote locations, either on foot or bike. Many of the bags that I have seen only have a single shoulder strap, which isn't what I wanted. Also, the top portion of the CTX3030 is pretty wide (when on its side), even when broken down, and won't fit into the narrow bags I have seen listed online.

I just received a bag that I ordered on eBay, that looks like it will do the trick. It was listed as "Metal Detecting Backpack Black Carry Bag Pouch Carryin Case Treasure Hunting," (this is how it was spelled). It was shipped from Florida and arrived quickly.

When I separated the shaft and control portion, the detector fit nicely into the two compartment bag. With the medium coil still on the shaft, the shaft sticks out of the top of the bag a few inches. If one takes that coil off, the bag will zip and close without difficulty.

I can see that an additional layer of foam padding might be needed in the cargo compartment, as the edges of the detector are somewhat sharp against the back. The shoulder straps may also need beefing up a bit, but I will determine this after a few uses. The bag seems to be well made of quality material, but I still need to put it through its paces to confirm my impression.

In any case, I wanted to share this on the CTX3030 thread, for anyone else who is looking for a similar bag. Feel free to pm me, if you have any questions or want to see a photo.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking for a backpack-style bag that I could use to carry my Minelab CTX3030, and have finally found one. I was interested in a bag with two straps, like a backpack, that I could use when traveling to remote locations, either on foot or bike. Many of the bags that I have seen only have a single shoulder strap, which isn't what I wanted. Also, the top portion of the CTX3030 is pretty wide (when on its side), even when broken down, and won't fit into the narrow bags I have seen listed online.

I just received a bag that I ordered on eBay, that looks like it will do the trick. It was listed as "Metal Detecting Backpack Black Carry Bag Pouch Carryin Case Treasure Hunting," (this is how it was spelled). It was shipped from Florida and arrived quickly.

When I separated the shaft and control portion, the detector fit nicely into the two compartment bag. With the medium coil still on the shaft, the shaft sticks out of the top of the bag a few inches. If one takes that coil off, the bag will zip and close without difficulty.

I can see that an additional layer of foam padding might be needed in the cargo compartment, as the edges of the detector are somewhat sharp against the back. The shoulder straps may also need beefing up a bit, but I will determine this after a few uses. The bag seems to be well made of quality material, but I still need to put it through its paces to confirm my impression.

In any case, I wanted to share this on the CTX3030 thread, for anyone else who is looking for a similar bag. Feel free to pm me, if you have any questions or want to see a photo.

I would love to see a photo if you have one.

signal

Apr 30, 2011
Royal Palm Beach, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Please post a photo of the bag its openings, and the detector stored in the bag.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread