Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There isn't a need for any pm s . When words are printed you can't read the persons facial expressions and tone of voice, my use of caustic was to the OP, see.
Just because the user name suggested an age there are no certainties but chances are in the favor. I admit often times I am wrong. Just didn't want this to start off badly. If I offended any one I apologize.

Back the thread.
Ok 10, the junk u found will be what you find most often because that is what's out there mostly. It is odd that no coins turned up because the is the second most abundant item out there (unless your are looking for iron items).
It is rare to find gold you got lucky!

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
aged10years,
You've my apologies that people are behaving poorly here. Your remarks were no better and it would be a kindness for you, and others, to remove the poorer posts.
I'm going to cut into your thread a bit more. Again apologies.

cudamark,
Personally when I first saw the thread this morning I saw no problem with your remark. Still don't. I hesitated with the follow up posts and thought about it for a moment.
I figure the picture of the dig hole set off the advice.
Apon reading the remainder of the remarks I took a bit and tried to figure out what may have happened. I gotta say the added advice about digging holes may be a bit unwarranted however its good advise. I think "Why that kind of response?" and in my figuring, "don't hate", was probably in response to a bit of irritation over that advice.
I also took a moment to consider who was speaking here.
Chuck the next post into the fire of possible irritation, yep more digging advice, and yep it makes sense why the author popped off. Was any of it right? No but I'm betting the authors pretty young and there are better ways to handle poor remarks. Top that off the authors got bragging rights on something... and its being ignored.

Its the follow up garbage that irks me. It is negative and also unwarranted by all parties involved. I did kindly ask that the caustic remarks stop as well as mention the unwarranted advice. I figured at the time someone might think about it, take the hint and let matters drop. My remark was ment primarily for other members as much as the author. The author did stop their taunts yet others here seem to think its fun dragging it out even to the point of dragging others in with them. Yep, I sent that pm. Why? Because dragging more mud into the thread is ridiculous as was the post they foolishly dropped into the thread. Yet here I am again.

Honestly it takes two to fight. The author did his part and others here seem to enjoy their part in the fight. The author is probably pretty young and new to detecting. I don't Condon the language however I am more strongly opposed to the actions of others here who aught to know better. Those others should know how to use language that does not dump fuel on the fire. So yes, to an extent I am defending the author, and defending all the other members who are being insulted by others poor behavior.
Why did I not try to correct the author~ think about it; and no it has nothing to do with "todays children".

Msbeepbeep,
You did not start it and your comments have been a balm in this thread. Thanks. As to the authors age, well if you look at that ring and the hand holding it there is a good indication there.

Any other problems with what I am saying? PM me. Or start another thread and invite me ;) This is not the place.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You admit my advise was good, but, I shouldn't offer it? :icon_scratch: How is anyone to know that there are better ways of doing things unless they listen to those with more experience. I don't know the actual age of the OP and don't really think it means much. Bad manners, is bad manners, regardless of age. If you don't want to follow someone's advise, that's fine. Just ignore it. It was meant to be helpful not only to the OP, but to those who read the post and see the photo. If you don't point them out, people think that it's acceptable. I'm in this hobby for the long haul....almost 44 years now.... and would be sad to see areas closed off because of careless or ignorant detectorists. I'm going to continue to give pointers toward better methods whether people like it or not. Like I said, they can always ignore it. Hopefully, they'll quit the hobby before they ruin it for the rest of us. To the OP, I hope you realize that my response was to welcome you to this site and the hobby of metal detecting. I also hope you do it responsibly. If not, I hope your detector breaks and you can't afford to fix or replace it.

OP
OP
aged10years

aged10years

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2012
Thanks Mark, but you should save your advice for people who ask for it. Nobody likes a blowhard. I probably don't approve of 99% of the dumb **** you do around your house. (If you aren't renting) In fact, we are in a severe drought and you are watering too much, you should stop. After that, go sort the dishwasher, I don't like how your wife loaded it.

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
*sighs* Well I'm done with this thread. cudamark you make some valid points while still missing the point of my thoughts. aged10years you too. Not my fight anymore and I'll leave ya all to it. later.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you DDancer....this thread, and the OP are beyond help and not worth any more of our time.

Sheppie22

Jun 9, 2011
Milford, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac,
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Max
Minelab Equinox 800 and 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unbelievable!

tinman68

Aug 5, 2011
vp il
Primary Interest:
Other
reeeeeal tuff guy must be a fan of metal detecting tv shows 39$ machine and a garden spade

Portadrillmini

May 8, 2013
Blairsville, Ga 30512
Detector(s) used
MineLab Eureka Gold - 15" RockCrusher- PORTADRILLMINI Gold Driller Auger sampler Unit -Gold Lab Clean Gold Concentrator-5" Dredge-Keen A52 Sluice- BlueBowl Cons clean-up - Microwave Gold Kiln
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; WELCOME to the TNet Forums. Greetings from Boston. Happy Hunting. Also, try to join a Club in your area ok. PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions