Bahamas??????????

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Apparently no. They started to do something and as far as I know still nothing

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I keep hearing that it is indeed possible to get a permit to excavate and recover in the Bahamas and that there have been 3 Beyond Top Secret Permits, one of which is obviously Carl Allen and Allen Xploration who are working on the Maravillas as well as some other wrecks.
The other two are said to be Bahamian groups, at least one of which is reported to be working on/around Cay Sal.
I have also been told that there are other groups being considered for permits.
Oddly enough, there is no official permit process or application anywhere on any Bahamian government website. Someone did once tell me that the man in charge of the Port of Freeport was in charge of it all, but I think you'll find more Bay Street lawyers in the mix than Port Captains.
If someone gets a permit and needs boats and divers, I can be your one-stop shop!

OP
OP
Magoopeter

Magoopeter

Jan 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
underwater
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I keep hearing that it is indeed possible to get a permit to excavate and recover in the Bahamas and that there have been 3 Beyond Top Secret Permits, one of which is obviously Carl Allen and Allen Xploration who are working on the Maravillas as well as some other wrecks.
The other two are said to be Bahamian groups, at least one of which is reported to be working on/around Cay Sal.
I have also been told that there are other groups being considered for permits.
Oddly enough, there is no official permit process or application anywhere on any Bahamian government website. Someone did once tell me that the man in charge of the Port of Freeport was in charge of it all, but I think you'll find more Bay Street lawyers in the mix than Port Captains.
If someone gets a permit and needs boats and divers, I can be your one-stop shop!

Seems to be the chosen few.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dont forget a general election next spring…….factor that into any plans you may have financially

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread