Basic signs and symbols you have found

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this monument in the desert, and I spent a lot of time working out the answer. This final monument was pointing to the treasure yard, where I finally located about 30 pounds of Chocolate Gold Pirate Coins, and 50 bags full of Gold Nugget Bubble Gum.

Sounds delicious...........welcome to the forum. 8-)

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Triangle with arc on the bottom side

Can anyone tell me the meaning or direction one travels from a triangle with two equal length sides
and the bottom of the triangle is an arc?

I would appreciate any help I can get

Also my second question is about a stone which on the right side has a perfect portion of the
circle cut out from it--so the rock appears to almost have a "C" shape on the right side
I would guess the arc is about 120 degrees

Thank you for your help.

Barton

Attachments

• IMAG0138a.jpg
    IMAG0138a.jpg
    891 KB · Views: 267

whyKnot2000

Greenie
Jul 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do you want to go back in fall and search for Dutchman Mine;i have decoded the Ruth Peralta Map however you spell it map or does everyone know where this is...? Ben 515-344-7704

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like your pointer is pointing up too the rock at the top of the hill with the man with his head in his hand carved in it.

irishmick

Greenie
Aug 3, 2005
MN
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Anyone have any thoughts on these 3? The lichen one I'm just curious does lichen grow in these patterns naturally or is it filling in depressions?

Cross.jpg
Eye-heart.jpg
Lichen.jpg

Thanks!

okey dokey

Mar 23, 2009
Muskogee
here is a heart stopper
circle with plus = four, ur on treasure trail, this is last sign before dig signs, treasure yard or mine near by
dagger = direction to the right
cross= church or Jesuit cache or mine, depth or direction measurement

Web-8-Historic-Spanish-rock-carvings-300x199.jpg

Attachments

• Spanish rock carvings.pdf
    701 KB · Views: 323

treasureart

Aug 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is a heart stopper
circle with plus = four, ur on treasure trail, this is last sign before dig signs, treasure yard or mine near by
dagger = direction to the right
cross= church or Jesuit cache or mine, depth or direction measurement

Web-8-Historic-Spanish-rock-carvings-300x199.jpg
who is the heart and what it means pls :)

Goldstar1

May 22, 2010
Detector(s) used
Goldbug Pro ,
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuntreebumpkin, To me the second picture looks like a natural formation , this kind of stuff is all over. The first picture thought looks like the rock in the hole was removed from the top rock and a piece of the top rock placed in the hole as the lichen color and shape matches. It may be a direction marker look through it both ways and maybe follow it , also to the right in the background looks like disturbed ground maybe check that out , hopefully someone else will chime in.
what makes you say "church site" ?

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
If you are talking about the series of dots the chances are pretty good that its a map or how a trail is laid out, the larger one indicates the starting point

KuntreeBumpkin

Greenie
Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry glyph is faint. It is horseshoe shape with line across top extending left and down, and dot in center shoe.

KuntreeBumpkin

Greenie
Jul 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found stone map. Now what?

Found this stone map. Now what? What am I missing? What is it trying to tell me?
I am fairly new to treasure hunting. I have tried metal detecting, but the basalt in area throws my metal detectors off.
Head shaped stone map has partial heart carved into it. As well as a symbol similar to one found out in front.
head.jpg
This picture shows where we dug it up, and the head shaped monument behind. head2.jpg
headP.jpg
Symbol cut into rock in front of area where map rock was found. Similar to one on stone map.

headjags.jpg
And jig-jags cut into basalt.

headturtle.jpg
Turtle about 40 feet away.

Last edited:

OregonGold76

Oct 9, 2012
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Kuntree, there was a error for your pics, I'd like to see them. Could you load them again please?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread