Basic signs and symbols you have found

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coiled snakes and a cross symbolism to a caduceus, and early Mesopotamia and Sumeria?? granted it's not a staff but could be related ??

Brushy Bandit

Jan 11, 2017
Carter County, KY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170715_133530.jpg

Any info welcome. There is a hand carved to the left of this, it's a left hand and looks like someone pushed their hand into the rock. It's not like a picture of a hand but is carved to look like and imprint.

Mothn93

Greenie
Sep 7, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please can you help me with that signs

Attachments

• 1504783414356.jpg
    1504783414356.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 298
  • 1504783425942.jpg
    1504783425942.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 256

pebble

Apr 25, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
TM808, Arc geo logger
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a question about a KGC site , I have a tree with an owl carved on it. When I find the corners of the triangle. Will the Owl be looking inside of the triangle or will the Owl be looking outside the triangle, the direction to look for the vault. Thanks, Pebble

bluedotsigns

Nov 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great symbols! Its my pleasure to found this thread. Looking forward to learn more Spanish signs and symbols that you have found.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now when I see Stallions, Thunderbird, and a flying Montezuma I get excited.

casca would you be so kind as to say what these signs mean
Billy, definition is given by the maker of the mark. Certain groups used the signs in their own ways over the years. You asking my to put a broad pen to this. At first I thought it was a prankster, or some misguided treasure hunter trying to mess with peoples heads. But these signs go by many different names. You have to wonder if these are not ancient symbols used by another race.

So my thoughts are along the lines that there was some very smart people a thousand or more years ago that passed that knowledge on to a certain few. I believe the signs are ancient Sumerian or Arcadian in form. I do not read these symbols as symbols. I look at orientation, I look for like signs with a sign, I look at size and height. I wait for the day when modern times learned persons will actually put some info on all this as I am just a hobbyist who likes to take pictures.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill take a stab at this. The owls I have seen which are not always KGC are looking in the direction you need to go, and you look over the owls shoulder to see the direction you are coming from. Which direction is more important? I have my ideas, but does not matter. The base of the owls have been known to hold key stones and hidden compartments. But before you go ripping up every strange sign you see, have a good reason to do it first. There are plenty of hand held items that can keep you from digging holes and save your back and let you enjoy your walk.
I have a question about a KGC site , I have a tree with an owl carved on it. When I find the corners of the triangle. Will the Owl be looking inside of the triangle or will the Owl be looking outside the triangle, the direction to look for the vault. Thanks, Pebble

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My My Hey Hey this post will never die just multiply I would like to thank you Old Dog its people like you that took the time for all the info you provided here. It has given me a better understanding and I am sure other good folks here to of the Spaniards and there travels thru out the west. View attachment 1656452

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

My favorite "7" found by accident in the south-west high desert. It is only 4" inches high by 3" inches wide and carved into a solid stone slab.

%227%22 2.jpg

Hope this comes through?

Regards

LUE-Hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Minelab SDC 2300, Makro Deephunter Pro 3D, OKM EXP 4500 Pro, Garrett Hand Held Detectors, Falcon MD 20, English dowsing springs, Darley Spanish Dip Needle, L-Rods, what’s left of my brain :o)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for the following petroglyph sign. I call it the UP or CUP sign. I have found it in three sites. One in Colorado, one in New Mexico and one in Utah. If you have seen one similar to the following please show it here.

Thanks

LUE-Hawn

UP Colorado Petroglyph 1.png

UP New Mexico 1.png

UP Utah Petroglyph 1.png

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Attached are two photographs: One shows three cuts in a rock which means go three times as far the all cuts are man made. The shadowed lines are 8" inches long 3" to 4" inches apart. The second and most important are a donkey with a pack and a lamb. All found in the American Southwest. Enjoy.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Go 3X As Far.png

Donkey & Lamb.png

Last edited:

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Window" in The San Juans were very important to the Spanish. There is a lost mine associated with the area which you can read about books by Temple Cornelius. Very much worth the read for those interested in treasure in Colorado.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

LUE-Hawn

Feb 16, 2018
United States
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Here is a flat arrow shaped rock with two lines and a cross bar on top representing a tunnel. It was found in the American Southwest Desert.

Enjoy

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Arrow Shaped Rock with Tunnel Marking.jpg

Last edited:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "Window" in The San Juans were very important to the Spanish. There is a lost mine associated with the area which you can read about books by Temple Cornelius. Very much worth the read for those interested in treasure in Colorado.

Regards

LUE-Hawn

Been there a few times have you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread