Upvote 1

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You may want to check out the DeWALT 18V Cordless Power Tool Kit. The angle grinder is useful for opening up small cracks in rocks.

If you are on a smaller budget you may want to check out in places like ponshops or used on Craigs list etc. for this type of tools. A lot of people will get rid of this kind of battery tool as soon as the next type of battery comes along. Making a battery pack will be needed if you use the tools very much. You can keep buying a new battery say once a year is also inline if you use the tool very much.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody have any suggestions for for the best battery powered shop vac for sucking crevices and cleaning up bedrock? Also any tips or tricks for getting into those crevices? Is a hepa filter a plus or minus? My home corded shop vac took a crap and I'm looking to replace it. Thought getting something I can use prospecting would be a plus.
My experience in using corded vacs is that a hepa filter is a big minus on use outside with rock dust. The reason is how fast it will plug up in general.

Using a vac that has say three or more chambers is a big plus on how long before cleaning. One can make some extra chambers out of any plastic type of container that you can put in series or in line with the vac hose connecting them.

Reactions: RTR

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That vacuum should work good Reed. What other tools are you running on the Ryobi battery system?
I‘m converting some of my tools to battery operation also. Even considering getting a battery powered chain saw for pruning my fruit trees. It’s getting tough to climb around the trees with a conventional chain saw.

View attachment 2007224
Here I’m using loppers on an old king apple tree.
Mike
I'm using the leaf blower, weed eater, hammer drill, impact wrench, small air compressor, skillsaw and I'm going to pick up the vacuum. Home Depot is the only place that sells new, but I got some deals on Amazon on used stuff that works great also like the 4hr Ryobi battery for $25. I have 1 charger and 2 4hr batteries.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm using the leaf blower, weed eater, hammer drill, impact wrench, small air compressor, skillsaw and I'm going to pick up the vacuum. Home Depot is the only place that sells new, but I got some deals on Amazon on used stuff that works great also like the 4hr Ryobi battery for $25. I have 1 charger and 2 4hr batteries.
You may find that the batteries may not last 4hrs. each at full speed. A larger battery may be useful if you are running most of the day. If you buy them at a good price then it may not matter.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm wondering if two vac's are connected inline running at a lower speed would give a better performance or vac.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carleo9, we do not allow spamming, please do not post spam links.​

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just wondering if anyone has made a 40 - 80 volt battery powered shop-vac setup?
Any idea here where to start

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about an electric vac with a small portable generator

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What about an electric vac with a small portable generator
Yep that would be simple to set up. I'm thinking about both surface management use during fire season as well as well below ground level.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
By the way one can set up a gas generator underground with proper ventilation and proper spark suppression for charging up batteries. The battery use would be for mostly surface management use.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Gare, I’ve use a simple 1 gallon shop vac with a Honda 2000 watt generator and a 100’ extension cord. Worked great. This was at sites I was able to get my truck within a 1/4 mile or so. Good ground must not be very far away for me with, with this type of mining, as the generator weighs about 50lbs. There’s actually quite a few areas of bedrock within this distance out west that is worth this effort .

Clean out the cracks.
Mike

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes Gare, I’ve use a simple 1 gallon shop vac with a Honda 2000 watt generator and a 100’ extension cord. Worked great. This was at sites I was able to get my truck within a 1/4 mile or so. Good ground must not be very far away for me with, with this type of mining, as the generator weighs about 50lbs. There’s actually quite a few areas of bedrock within this distance out west that is worth this effort .

Clean out the cracks.
Mike
After the fire season is over any generator can be used. A zip line can help with moving the generator and shop vac in where it is needed. You also may be able to build a fire for warmth during that time of the year.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup, these days generators are old school... I love my little Ryobi Blower/Vac! I'm thinking about trying it out on a drywasher next.
There is a time and place for both old school and newer forest fire friendly school tools / toys.
Is there not a push now for a bigger percentage of people using all electric cars.........lol.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would like to set up properly a generator underground to charge batteries as well as powering smaller electric tools. Any ideas about this?
Thanks

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heck even many of the people who have all electric cars will have a generator handy for charging up there car due to the fact they can't afford the better wiring in there home for a quicker charging of there all electric car.

The point I'm making is there a place and time for both old school and new school tools and thinking.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old school -new school-whats the dif as long as the results are positive
003.JPG
:)

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Old school -new school-whats the dif as long as the results are positive View attachment 2032820 :)
What difference does it make what school you are using or even the school you have gone to if you can end up with what you found in that lovely looking pan you are showing. 8-) Good job and excellent point you make.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread