Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Brevard county extends from Canaveral National Sea Shore to Sebastian...which includes Cocoa Beach. On top of the ongoing re-nourishment projects, this is all we beach hunters need to further "help us out." Fortunately, they only have one of these robots...so far...and it can only clean a relatively small area. But more are coming I'm sure.

Upvote 4

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brevard county extends from Canaveral National Sea Shore to Sebastian...which includes Cocoa Beach. On top of the ongoing re-nourishment projects, this is all we beach hunters need to further "help us out." Fortunately, they only have one of these robots...so far...and it can only clean a relatively small area. But more are coming I'm sure.

Just offer to clean the filter container out for them every couple of hours and let it do the treasure hunting for you 😎

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"...the BeBot only goes down about 2 inches..."
So fortunately most of our treasures are safe.

When there's a metal detecting robot - and you know they're coming - then we should all be afraid of losing our hobby. I've already had 2 family members ask me, "isn't there a robot that can go out into a field or onto a beach and tell you where the items are?" If random family members are thinking that, some entrepreneur is thinking it - and will make a robot to do it.
I'm seriously worried that the window is closing on at least some aspects of our hobby.
- Brian

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea.....until you really think about it !! That thing will break every other day !! They will need an army of tech guys repairing them. The spring breakers would be riding them !! Salt, sand, and electronics.....not a good mix !! Im sure our tax dollars could hire humans that would work better !! Maybe ?

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Brian, 2 inches isn’t a killer, you’re right but it opens the door doesn’t it?

Bart, I think you’re right as well. I hope that thing proves so unreliable that it’s retired as financially infeasible!

LandSeig

May 16, 2020
Southeast Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, NEL Storm coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"...the BeBot only goes down about 2 inches..."
So fortunately most of our treasures are safe.

When there's a metal detecting robot - and you know they're coming - then we should all be afraid of losing our hobby. I've already had 2 family members ask me, "isn't there a robot that can go out into a field or onto a beach and tell you where the items are?" If random family members are thinking that, some entrepreneur is thinking it - and will make a robot to do it.
I'm seriously worried that the window is closing on at least some aspects of our hobby.
- Brian
They have programs that use gps for surveying land between set points with dji drones. They could make a off-road rover drone that uses gps and a large coil to make a digital map of all the signals and what the numbers are in a field and then it could transfer the coordinates over to your detector module. But that would take all the fun out of it.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea.....until you really think about it !! That thing will break every other day !! They will need an army of tech guys repairing them. The spring breakers would be riding them !! Salt, sand, and electronics.....not a good mix !! Im sure our tax dollars could hire humans that would work better !! Maybe ?
Bart is exactly right. And as the guy running the thing said. This is just to raise awareness. This is our tax dollars at work. I would bet the company that made this received government grants to help fund.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Given how small of an area the robot can handle and how slow it goes, I don’t think they’ll be able to afford and employ the numbers they would need to cover our large beaches. Can you say “boondoggle” 😅

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have programs that use gps for surveying land between set points with dji drones. They could make a off-road rover drone that uses gps and a large coil to make a digital map of all the signals and what the numbers are in a field and then it could transfer the coordinates over to your detector module. But that would take all the fun out of it.
Old school. We use a dropper to spot interesting things & drop those flags used to mark pipes & sprinklers. Anyone following Sandi1s posts? You can use his technique without having a partner plowing through brush to mark auras. Phantoms will carry one pound easily so you can spot, drop a flag, & set a way point & photograph from the comfort of the tailgate of your truck for a minimal investment. Don't see why it wouldn't work on the beach. Phantom series drones can be had very cheap nowadays.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I seen that. I’m betting someone is going thru that carefully. Seems small so it would have to be emptied more….. and someone will have to still run it because turtle season they won’t be able to run um.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dude walking behind it with controller.
Micro plastics, I doubt that claim.
There was no fine materials, just larger items.
Grant, money, waste, looks good, every public beach budget wants to be friendly.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude walking behind it with controller.
Micro plastics, I doubt that claim.
There was no fine materials, just larger items.
Grant, money, waste, looks good, every public beach budget wants to be friendly.
Wonder what happens when it runs over the inevitable buried baby diaper?

USERNAME IS VALID

Feb 27, 2016
Norcal
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II
XP DEUS
TESORO VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's there to raise awareness? I think a lot of people will see it as a reason to litter since "the robot will clean it up"

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Where's John Connor when we need him?

CPT_GhostLight

Greenie
Jul 21, 2021
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, & ProFind 35, Whites Prizm 6T, Fisher Gold Bug 2 & F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they want to clean the beaches and raise awareness, have grocery store bag dispensers like the dog poop bag dispensers at the beach entrances for detectorists to use. Presto... clean beaches! It would be a lot cheaper for the county and much more efficient. We're going to remove all (or most) of the metal anyway so scooping some paper, plastic, or glass is no big deal to do. I do it at all parks and beaches anyway and people are constantly thanking me instead of asking what I'm doing or giving me the stink-eye. Just food for thought.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread