ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked it last week, still about 18 inches of sand in the wrong place. How I can tell ........... I have a stray crab pot marking a area I got most of my gold from last year. It's almost covered..:sad1:.. my concerned, if the pot starts to break down it is going to leave a trail of bad in that whole area.... if it is not cleared out by spring I will have to dig it out and move it close to shore..
Good luck with that... ever dig a fully immersed in sand crab trap out ?

Heh... i have tried to even rip em out with anchors...... and once lost one of my favorite vintage rare anchors... i know the spot wanna go back one day :)

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happens to a lot of us "Civil war Diggers" we get so focused on finding relics and looking for Hut sites, old trash pits, trenches etc we get "turned around" happened to me twice. Was able to find my way back to the road but had to walk a stretch to find the truck.
Exactly, and cellphones may not get a good signal deep in the woods…..

OP
OP
Moe (fl)

Moe (fl)

Jul 25, 2007
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Whites, Tesoro, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I really have started to love the Beach....but relics are my true game...
I started doing parks and relics long time ago then moved into the beach. Now I am going back to relics again…need to try out those new machines

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Heh... i have tried to even rip em out with anchors...... and once lost one of my favorite vintage rare anchors... i know the spot wanna go back one day :)
In case your wondering... or the thought crossed your mind... "he is a diver, why didnt he just go get his anchor".

Heh... well that day the tide changed and began / was ripping hard.... and this area is notoriously bad for several reasons.
Its an inlet for one... Visibility was / is nil.... and boats rip by.

Been back a few times and nothing visible and exact location gone.... have to wait till the sand moves and exposes it again. (that was 9 years ago)

Last edited:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

How hard can it be of you have the right tools..
20220216_1225.jpg
:icon_thumleft:

vinnywop

Oct 9, 2020
Stafford, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Patriot
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do both. I prefer beach because....it's the beach. However, I don't live by the beach so unfortunately I don't get to do it as often. I think both are rewarding. I have found some great pieces of history relic hunting inland and some great valuable jewelry on the beach.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be a relic hunter...... or should i say a dirt hunter because location can really make a difference. It was getting difficult to get permissions even for field hunting...... and if there were more than one other even harder. When we decided to RV full time..... things had to go .... i think the light went on then that i had a ton of stuff that was old but really not worth a lot..... i mean buckets.

Beach hunting is sure easier to dig and with the multi freq and those programs ...... its KISS for beach hunting. Ive even evolved from that..... i mostly just water hunt now here in the Gulf. I love old silver...... but with coin collecting becoming a business its hard to get anywhere near book price without grading..... that costs. BUT .... i dont care where i am its likely i have a detector and find time to get out there.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only really hunted relics and coins, no beaches by me. Would for sure do it if I had one near by though. All that gold people post from the beach looks tasty.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread