Beach finds, Hope its real Gold!

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Beach finds, Hope it's real Gold!

Hit Miami Bch early this morning for about 1 1/2hrs. Thought I'd be able to do some water hunting. Low tide was around 745am, but it was a little rough and tons of seaweed so I decided to hit the wet sand

First hit was this big silver pendant with a photo engraved of a couple on one side and "Fatima and James" engraved on the other side. Kinda cool looking, never saw one of these before. around the same area I got that distinct signal of gold and dug up this bangle bracelet. I think it might be brass, not sure. I'll check it out on Monday when I get to work to acid test it. No stamp on it, but I've got some gold that isn't stamped. Wishful thinking! LOL

Thanks for looking!

HH 8) surfrat

Attachments

• MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 472
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 469
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Beach finds, Hope it's real Gold!

Nice finds surf,hope the bangle turns out to be gold.Haven't got my new detector yet.Argued with the wife about it,still am >:( .I WILL get my new detector ;D!I'll cash in my clad if she wants to argue about it :).Have you ever hit the beach right after a hurricane? I want to be the first one on the beach if one hits our area this year.Gotta devise a plan of action.

OP
OP
surfrat96

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound

diggummup said:
Nice finds surf,hope the bangle turns out to be gold.Haven't got my new detector yet.Argued with the wife about it,still am >:( .I WILL get my new detector ;D!I'll cash in my clad if she wants to argue about it :).Have you ever hit the beach right after a hurricane? I want to be the first one on the beach if one hits our area this year.Gotta devise a plan of action.

Hey Dig, the more I look at the bangle the more I don't think it's gold. I had found some similar to these a while ago and they weren't gold.

What kind of detector are you looking to get?

I went to the beach last yr after Wilma. Coudn't get on it for a few days though. Police wouldn't let anyone over the bridge. When I finally got there, there was a lot of debris along the water, and the ocean was still to rough to hunt. Hunted the sand for a while, but didn't get anything. The weather was still kinda bad. I'll be ready this year though. I don't have to worry about my detector getting wet in the rain anymore!!

HH 8) surfrat

tb

Mar 24, 2005

cool finds surfrat, gold or not!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions