beach finds

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
Not very many finds for a couple days of beach hunting, either people aren't dropping the good stuff or competition from other metal detector people. Hopefully with the 90 degrees temperature more people will lose things in the water, I know I will be looking!. All the jewelry is fake, those pink little charms gave me problems they kept falling through the scoop !. The George Washington dollar coin is the first one I've ever seen, I'm hoping to find more of these. The dog tag was a pretty interesting find, I checked the local phone listings and could not find this person so on Monday I will make a stop at the local recruiting center and see if I can get these tags back to the right person.

Attachments

• july8-07.jpg
    july8-07.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 516
  • gwashington.jpg
    gwashington.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 510
  • igor.jpg
    igor.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 518
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 513
Upvote 0

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Still some good finds...Its been crazy hot and humid here ...but am heading out soon to an old river front park so kids can swim while I hunt and I can jump in once in a while to cool off. Hope you keep hunting and finding!

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great finds! Congrats on the George!

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dog tag is from the Korean War era, due to the T51 which represents a tetnus shot in 1951. The number is the person's service number. His blood type was O and the P is for the religion. Congrats.

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
Great find ,, Try Google search for Authur Homan,, You may get lucky. Thats a very unusual name.

Simon....

R

RUDY2003

Nice pile of diggins carpel!
Cool to find the dog tags....

Keep safe...

steelheadfever

Jun 15, 2005
Caldwell,Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT/Minelab XT-70/Whites Beach Hunter ID
Nice finds, but you should always block out the service number before posting the picture. A lot of people out there can use that info. HH Dennis in Idaho

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread