Beach Hunting Finds Container/Pouch

scott565

Apr 20, 2009
Hi All,

I am going to be doing some beach hunting in Florida (Sanibel/Captiva).
This will be my first real chance to do ocean beach detecting for a few days, so really looking forward to it.
Does anyone have any recommendations for what to use for holding finds from the beach or shallow water?
I won't be able to use an inner-tube style platform, but maybe something around the waist so I can walk sand or wade occasionally?

Many Thanks!
-Scott

Upvote 2

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a mesh laundry bag and had my wife reduce it to large pocket size and I use a carabiner to attach to my waist. I like not carrying a lot of dirt or sand as it just falls through.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the mesh pouches from KellyCo and Xtreme Scoops. Both have worked fine for several years.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've used the mesh pouches from KellyCo and Xtreme Scoops. Both have worked fine for several years.
Those are the ones I use too. If it is something you only do once a year you can make one out of an old plastic jar like for peanut butter, just cut 2 slits tp feed a belt through, couple holes in the bottom and the top to drain water, put the belt on and you unscrew the cap to put your finds in.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a $5 nail apron from Home Depo. Works fine
Works okay on land but doesnt work real good when your in the surf.....

saanich2018

Apr 25, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cargo shorts with deep pockets. Holds my finds and my pin pointer. Plus I have a water proof pouch, which fits into my back pocket and also has a cord which clips to my belt, for my phone

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread