Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was rainy and windy at the beach for most of the 4 days we were there. I only had time to cover part of the areas I usually do because we had a meeting for our upcoming trip which took some time and we had to leave early for a Baltimore appointment on Friday. Of course we did have some non detecting luck which helped (see post “My wife gets a surprise in her sandwich and I find gold and diamonds in the parking lot”).

I spent 8 hours with the CZ21 at Bethany Beach working the sand before and after the big waves hit. I didn’t do as well as usual, but I did find some interesting items and the usual World War 2 ordinance from the beach restorations. All together I found 100 coins with a face value of $8.67, a toy plane, a necklace, a stainless spoon, a carabiner, a Vera Bradley cord bracelet, a dollar coin, a silver earring, a religious medal, a cheapie ring, a fake cob coin, a pair of bolt cutters, a few tabs, foil, bottle caps and the usual tent pegs.

4C5D3102-C013-47F8-9ADB-57DDFCF58D5E.jpeg

The silver earring is like many I have found before. The religious medal looked good coming out of the hole, but on the back the gold color is wearing off and you can see the aluminum underneath, bummer.

43A11CE7-A25C-4F72-912D-3D0800F60900.jpeg

18A0DE3C-EAD5-4A54-BCA0-898BCD1CA45E.jpeg

The bolt cutters are pretty rusty. They were up on the edge of the dune where the sand has washed out recently from the high tide wave action. I will try and clean them up, but it may be a wasted effort.

5F9159BD-07E1-4B38-804D-C2B05CE94D3A.jpeg

The WW2 (World War 2) ordinance is the usual 20mm and 40mm obturator (also called traveling band) and pieces of mechanical detonators from the 40 and 100mm shells. It is interesting to find and if nobody wants it at least I can recycle it. Worth more than an equal number of pennies (a lot more than eaten up zinc pennies that are worth nothing).

1E29FAA4-ED05-4FCF-8959-A65835C3E31D.jpeg

CE2E47C5-7FF9-47E2-A141-431ADEB739F1.jpeg 733E82F3-ECA0-4C3E-96AF-027B79659948.jpeg

I went to Ocean City on 2 different days and I spent 9 hours searching sections of the miles and miles of beach there. Mostly I worked the southern part where the boardwalk and most of the action is. All together I found 137 coins with a face value of $11.11, some small bits of aluminum and brass hardware, a big cheapie hoop earring, a cremation tag, a Kennedy half, 2 tokens, a junior park ranger badge (made of wood with a metal pin on the back), a ring, another earring, part of a bracelet, a pendant, a huge fishing lure, 2 bills, lots of bottle caps, some tabs, foil and of course more tent pegs.

C1A00743-0468-43EE-85BB-5AE936DD45FA.jpeg

As I was detecting along the edge of the concrete boardwalk I noticed some aluminum bleachers in the sand that had been used for some event and looked like they were waiting to be picked up. As I got closer I saw what looked like money under the bleachers so I went over and sure enough it was a $10 bill. I went around behind the bleachers and looked under the foot rest for the first seat and there was a $1 bill waiting for me as well. It has been a while since I found any bills so it was a nice surprise.

195EFC11-BB75-4EC1-A567-FEC85869ACEC.jpeg

13C888D6-B6F7-4385-9B31-ABD0594573D5.jpeg 77ADE260-D38D-4196-8B54-E3D08CDC6B70.jpeg

This is not the first cremation tag I have found on this beach over the years. I believe it is illegal to spread ashes on the beach here, but obviously it doesn’t stop people from doing it. Maybe they didn’t even check before they did it. The ring looked good in the scoop, but alas only gold colored. The Kennedy is a nice change, not many of those circulating out there.

17C15FDB-77DE-4CD1-93CE-589AF4DA4C51.jpeg

257250B2-586A-4D91-BA4D-66CCCB8D5D81.jpeg

So this trip to the beach I only found 1 small silver, but I did find at least one of each coin denomination and 2 bills as well. We also found some goodies without the detector which is always a nice bonus. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck, and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 15

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was rainy and windy at the beach for most of the 4 days we were there. I only had time to cover part of the areas I usually do because we had a meeting for our upcoming trip which took some time and we had to leave early for a Baltimore appointment on Friday. Of course we did have some non detecting luck which helped (see post “My wife gets a surprise in her sandwich and I find gold and diamonds in the parking lot”).

I spent 8 hours with the CZ21 at Bethany Beach working the sand before and after the big waves hit. I didn’t do as well as usual, but I did find some interesting items and the usual World War 2 ordinance from the beach restorations. All together I found 100 coins with a face value of $8.67, a toy plane, a necklace, a stainless spoon, a carabiner, a Vera Bradley cord bracelet, a dollar coin, a silver earring, a religious medal, a cheapie ring, a fake cob coin, a pair of bolt cutters, a few tabs, foil, bottle caps and the usual tent pegs.

View attachment 2045908

The silver earring is like many I have found before. The religious medal looked good coming out of the hole, but on the back the gold color is wearing off and you can see the aluminum underneath, bummer.

View attachment 2045909

View attachment 2045910

The bolt cutters are pretty rusty. They were up on the edge of the dune where the sand has washed out recently from the high tide wave action. I will try and clean them up, but it may be a wasted effort.

View attachment 2045916

The WW2 (World War 2) ordinance is the usual 20mm and 40mm obturator (also called traveling band) and pieces of mechanical detonators from the 40 and 100mm shells. It is interesting to find and if nobody wants it at least I can recycle it. Worth more than an equal number of pennies (a lot more than eaten up zinc pennies that are worth nothing).

View attachment 2045911

View attachment 2045912 View attachment 2045913

I went to Ocean City on 2 different days and I spent 9 hours searching sections of the miles and miles of beach there. Mostly I worked the southern part where the boardwalk and most of the action is. All together I found 137 coins with a face value of $11.11, some small bits of aluminum and brass hardware, a big cheapie hoop earring, a cremation tag, a Kennedy half, 2 tokens, a junior park ranger badge (made of wood with a metal pin on the back), a ring, another earring, part of a bracelet, a pendant, a huge fishing lure, 2 bills, lots of bottle caps, some tabs, foil and of course more tent pegs.

View attachment 2045907

As I was detecting along the edge of the concrete boardwalk I noticed some aluminum bleachers in the sand that had been used for some event and looked like they were waiting to be picked up. As I got closer I saw what looked like money under the bleachers so I went over and sure enough it was a $10 bill. I went around behind the bleachers and looked under the foot rest for the first seat and there was a $1 bill waiting for me as well. It has been a while since I found any bills so it was a nice surprise.

View attachment 2045914

View attachment 2045919 View attachment 2045918

This is not the first cremation tag I have found on this beach over the years. I believe it is illegal to spread ashes on the beach here, but obviously it doesn’t stop people from doing it. Maybe they didn’t even check before they did it. The ring looked good in the scoop, but alas only gold colored. The Kennedy is a nice change, not many of those circulating out there.

View attachment 2045915

View attachment 2045917

So this trip to the beach I only found 1 small silver, but I did find at least one of each coin denomination and 2 bills as well. We also found some goodies without the detector which is always a nice bonus. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck, and may your coil lead you to good things.
Tnt-Hunter,
An interesting assortment of finds, I imagine the silver looking earring must have gotten your heart moving and the $10 and $1 bill must have been a nice surprise....and a cremation tag...wonder if it is traceable?

Thanks for sharing 😊

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2045908

View attachment 2045909

View attachment 2045910

View attachment 2045916

View attachment 2045911

View attachment 2045912 View attachment 2045913

View attachment 2045907

View attachment 2045914

View attachment 2045919 View attachment 2045918

View attachment 2045915

View attachment 2045917

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tnt-Hunter,
An interesting assortment of finds, I imagine the silver looking earring must have gotten your heart moving and the $10 and $1 bill must have been a nice surprise....and a cremation tag...wonder if it is traceable?

Thanks for sharing 😊

Thanks. The tag might be traceablue, but there are a lot of Brown funeral homes and cremation services And I’m not sure they would give out any info these days.

Strong work! What did the bills ring in as????

Thanks Jeff. The detector don’t register the bills, but my eye detectors sure sounded off.:laughing7::laughing7::tongue3:
While there wasn't lots of gold and silver for you it certainly looks like you had a lot of fun, congrats!
Thanks. I did enjoy myself.

Thanks to all, stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I recently found some driving bands in the woods outside my city. I have no idea where/why they were shooting 20mm anywhere around here

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend that lives near Englewood Fl. He has found 7 cremation tags in the beaches down there .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread