Beautiful confederate lined C cavalry button!

Nathan6309

May 15, 2018
Botetourt County, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Macro Siplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I decided to get out on my property due to the warm spell Virginia has been having. My expectations weren’t too high, on account of my hunting this site for three or four years with little production. I decided to slow down and dig some more questionable targets around two giant rock piles that I believe to be chimney stacks and dug a small length of chain. I checked the hole again and found that there was another small signal a little deeper in the hole. I saw a round object, pulled it out, turned it over and just about passed out! I’d found my very first civil war button, and a good one too. The button is in extremely good condition with the lined block C on the front being very pronounced and the back, along with the shank, intact. Really goes to show that patience pays off!

Attachments

• 4CFBEC95-E42A-4D8C-B4B9-FBBA647A3F28.png
    4CFBEC95-E42A-4D8C-B4B9-FBBA647A3F28.png
    456.5 KB · Views: 225
  • 4E505ACA-3B6B-42F9-9BA2-CAC9336197EF.png
    4E505ACA-3B6B-42F9-9BA2-CAC9336197EF.png
    531.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 82C5DDA4-8B91-4246-83A1-1C7682C03EB3.jpeg
    82C5DDA4-8B91-4246-83A1-1C7682C03EB3.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 163
Upvote 44

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today I decided to get out on my property due to the warm spell Virginia has been having. My expectations weren’t too high, on account of my hunting this site for three or four years with little production. I decided to slow down and dig some more questionable targets around two giant rock piles that I believe to be chimney stacks and dug a small length of chain. I checked the hole again and found that there was another small signal a little deeper in the hole. I saw a round object, pulled it out, turned it over and just about passed out! I’d found my very first civil war button, and a good one too. The button is in extremely good condition with the lined block C on the front being very pronounced and the back, along with the shank, intact. Really goes to show that patience pays off!
Congratulations on a great button!

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on one Great find and Save on the Confetrit' Cavalry button. Well Done. That's the way to ring in 2022. Continued Success to you.

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everybody for the congratulations and banner vote! Looks like the luck from all those horseshoes I dug rubbed off on me!:laughing7:
You're very welcome and keep us tuned into your next amazing finds!!
One suggestion though....

GET A CS BELT PLATE!!!

OP
OP
Nathan6309

Nathan6309

May 15, 2018
Botetourt County, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Macro Siplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're very welcome and keep us tuned into your next amazing finds!!
One suggestion though....

GET A CS BELT PLATE!!!
I will certainly try! I wasn't aware of any skirmishes or campsites in the area, but the presence of this button, possible artillery shell fragments, and a false-embroidered infantry hat pin have me believing that there is more to this site than I originally thought.

1LWiL15

Nov 15, 2021
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Barska Winbest Elite Edition, Bounty Hunter TK-IV, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Ace Apex, XP ORX, XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will certainly try! I wasn't aware of any skirmishes or campsites in the area, but the presence of this button, possible artillery shell fragments, and a false-embroidered infantry hat pin have me believing that there is more to this site than I originally thought.
Hey man, hope you get it!! :headbang:

Metal Defector

Dec 5, 2020
West Chester Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garret AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great save! well done and thanks for posting, congratz

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to Go! Congratulations on the Confederate "C" button find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread