Bedford County, PA

smed76

Oct 22, 2012
I've been wanting to hit Bedford county,Ive heard of diggers finding CW pistols n coins n such near old Bedford hotel.wish I was into digging when the place was remodeled when I worked there.

OP
OP
sarabesh21

sarabesh21

Jul 27, 2013
New Enterprise, PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I live here and everything is historical and private! There is so much history.. I'm sure I could find a lot if I could just get permission to hunt some places around here!

bcruzin

Jul 23, 2013
Roanoke VA
Detector(s) used
White's CoinMaster GT & MineLab 505 on loan
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live in Botetourt county. There is certainly a whole lot of history. You should read up on Hollins College and Carvins Cove. Carvins lets you MD all you want. Lots of trash though.

Wait you said Bedford PA. I am thinking of Bedford VA. My mistake

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I live in Botetourt county. There is certainly a whole lot of history. You should read up on Hollins College and Carvins Cove. Carvins lets you MD all you want. Lots of trash though.

Wait you said Bedford PA. I am thinking of Bedford VA. My mistake

LOL! bcruziin, you are correct about Bedford County, VIRGINIA.

molonlabe64

Tenderfoot
Jan 30, 2014
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm up in Cambria County and looking forward to the Spring thaw. Lots of potential places to detect, just need to make contact with the right folks who own/oversee any property. If there is any kind of get-together in the area, let me know, would love to meet some like-minded folks and go on a group hunt. Ebensburg (where I live) has been around since the 18th Century and the rich folks from Philly use to summer up here until the town burnt down so I'm sure there are some very old/unique artifacts in this area. Send me a note if interested in a group meet up. ML64

Pokryfke08

Mar 4, 2024
I'm up in Cambria County and looking forward to the Spring thaw. Lots of potential places to detect, just need to make contact with the right folks who own/oversee any property. If there is any kind of get-together in the area, let me know, would love to meet some like-minded folks and go on a group hunt. Ebensburg (where I live) has been around since the 18th Century and the rich folks from Philly use to summer up here until the town burnt down so I'm sure there are some very old/unique artifacts in this area. Send me a note if interested in a group meet up. ML64
Hello im new into metal detecting. My grandfather gave his MD and ive been looking for places to search. I live in bedford. Do you know of any groups from the area. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread