Beginner

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet!

Try the gold forums here.
My inexperienced guess would be to take your black sands containing flour or tiny gold home.
Then work on it during downtime or offseason.

Here's one thread that might give you some ideas.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from HELP! over to GOLD PROSPECTING for more exposure.

tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum HELP! Description: This section contains guides tutorials on how to use the new TreasureNet.com software.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For fine gold recovery..
You need some sifters like these .Sift your material(to be panned) so all material is roughly the same size.
And a few drops of "jet Dry" or liquid soap will break the water tension allowing fine gold to drop out in your pan.
>>

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Definitely don't do your finish panning out at the stream or river, when you are worn out and fatigued from the outing. Take it home, recover, and then place yourself in a comfortable spot and take your time. I sit at the kitchen table with good lighting so I can take breaks and just leave it sitting there. If you have other equipment like a clean up sluice or miller table, you can lessen the material you will have to work through.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yup as previously mentioned screening your concentrates helps a lot with getting the fines out. Even with doodads like miller tables and blue bowls you still need to work your cons through a stack of classifier screens. My favorite method is to crush the cons in a mortar and pestle or rock tumbler to flatten out the gold while reducing the size of the granules of black sand before screening it out, it makes it really easy to separate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread