best beach detector with underwater capabilities

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a equinox 600 it works very well for what I do. Shallow salt water and sandy beach detecting.Think youll have to give a little more detail as price range and what you will be looking for/type of water how deep?Welcome to the site You will get lots of good info here.

OP
OP
J

jollyroger56

Dec 25, 2021
Corpus Christi Texas
I use a equinox 600 it works very well for what I do. Shallow salt water and sandy beach detecting.Think youll have to give a little more detail as price range and what you will be looking for/type of water how deep?Welcome to the site You will get lots of good info here.
doubtful over 30 ft but heavily mineralized beach sand

CZKidd

Dec 12, 2018
NW FL
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI Beach Hunter
Equinox 800, Equinox 600
XP DEUS, XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Get a PI machine for the heavy mineralized sand.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum.

What price range were you thinking?

Cofresipirate

Jan 24, 2012
Orlando,Florida
Detector(s) used
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey,

new here and to detecting and have no clue what would be the best beach detector?
please advise, y'all...,
I been using a Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II at the beach in Florida and down in Puerto Rico. Great detector in the water and never had any issues been 5 years old. Is a PI detector and dig all targets.
IMG_20211226_162619798.jpg
IMG_20211226_163231108_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• Polish_20220105_213605212.jpg
    Polish_20220105_213605212.jpg
    483.8 KB · Views: 48

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want discrimination, the Excalibur is a great machine for deep water, and currently available. There is a new XP Deus 2 coming out right now also and is getting good reviews so far, but, a bit early to make a judgment on. It's rated to 60 feet and also discriminates. The Fisher CZ21 is also a good reliable beach/dive machine, but, like the Excalibur, is 20+ year old tech. There are very few new PI machines on the market right now. They don't discriminate well (if at all on some models), so, if you have lots of iron junk in your search area, it will drive you crazy digging them. The Garrett Sea Hunter is probably the least expensive of the bunch. The only other ones available new that I can think of are the J.W. Fishers 6X and 8X models, Garrett ATX, and some Aquascan models, which are much more expensive than the Sea Hunter. The only other options for a PI machine would be a used one. The White's TDI, Garrett Infinium, and Tesoro Sand Shark all are fine PI detectors, but, they've all been discontinued, and in the case of White's and Tesoro, the manufacturer is out of business. Don't get talked into buying any single frequency detectors. Not only are they miserable in wet salt water, they aren't rated deep enough for your expressed use. Same goes for some excellent beach machines by Minelab, like the CTX and Equinox. Great machines, but, they only have a 10' rating, and that's a bit generous in some cases. Same goes for some very good machines by Notka/Makro.....not rated deep enough for what you have in mind. You may want to handle a few if you can find some to try out. Some are fairly well balanced for beach use, others are awful out of the water. Try using a Garrett ATX on the beach for instance. Super heavy and awkward.

Last edited:

DannyB1954

Nov 29, 2015
Pahrump, Nv.
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, DFX, V3i. TDI SL
Fischer F-75, F-19, CZ7a Pro.
Garrett Infinium, ATX
Nokta AU Gold, Racer, Simplex, legend
Minelab Explorer SE
Tesoro Lobo ST, Tejon, Compadre
Teknetics Omega 8500
XP ORX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The new deus2 is rated down to somewhere around 60' . It will be light enough to use on land. But the cost is very high.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got me this little baby last year, I can't wait to go scuba diving and try it out! Might be good to snorkel from the beach and use it! Spring is coming up, going to Florida, wish me luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread