Best coin spill of my MD career

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
I have had bigger spills and I have seen others hit really nice spills, but so far this is the best spill I have hit
1944 S Washington, 1945 D war nickel, and a dateless buff. All out of the same hole.

This is the 3rd buff from this park and the 2nd silver Washington ever for me. This is also the first war nickel I have ever found.

I have found more gold rings than silver coins for some reason.

Attachments

• IMG_1584.JPG
    IMG_1584.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1585.JPG
    IMG_1585.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 148
Upvote 44

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had bigger spills and I have seen others hit really nice spills, but so far this is the best spill I have hit
1944 S Washington, 1945 D war nickel, and a dateless buff. All out of the same hole.

This is the 3rd buff from this park and the 2nd silver Washington ever for me. This is also the first war nickel I have ever found.

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
F

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
That’s a nice spill. The Buffalo nickels I have found are never as nice as that one. Congrats!
Funny thing is that is the worst buff I have ever found. I have been finding them one way or another since I was little and this is the first one that didn't have a date. Almost always 1913 for some reason.

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny thing is that is the worst buff I have ever found. I have been finding them one way or another since I was little and this is the first one that didn't have a date. Almost always 1913 for some reason.
Glad you have had luck with your Buffalo nickels, as they are such a cool coin. I have found maybe 10-15 of them, only a couple had dates and most were red and corroded - oh well.

OP
OP
F

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
Glad you have had luck with your Buffalo nickels, as they are such a cool coin. I have found maybe 10-15 of them, only a couple had dates and most were red and corroded - oh well.
Hopefully you hit a pile of them with excellent dates. That is my wish for you. (maybe a gold coin mixed in with them too)

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Congratulations on the coins!

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
That’ll get the blood pumpin’ !!!!

OP
OP
F

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
Went out again to a different spot. Mostly dimes. One 1944 wheat penny.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet spill, nice variety- from what I can see, three different mints on three different coins- very cool- Congrats!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

very cool finds, love that silver and wtg

OP
OP
F

faribo

Apr 13, 2007
Southern MN
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
AT Pro (when desperate)
Nice spill, congrats!
I just wish I had your problem of finding more gold than silver!
Thanks. It is definitely not a problem. I do wish that the two shipwreck rings I found would have been gold. That would have been a banner for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread