💥💥💥Best configuration for go deeper Equinox 💥

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Title should be a question

When I go to field ( large open areas, no contaminated, where I know could be coins from 1770 to 1914; myself or others found coins in that range in that field) I like to use the following configuration to go deeper ( its what I have been working, not means it is the best)

Field 2, sensibility 25 or as high as area permits, speed recovery 1, yes I said 1; frecuency 5, automatic ground balancing. ( issue with this frecuency is that I gain tones clarity, but targets ID’s go up with this frequency what make a sensation that the Target could be an old coins and shut me trash most of the times, and some times “yes, it is an old coin”

Ex.- Same Target before dig it, with frequency in 5 triger 24 ID very clear and clean tone, then When I change to multy frequency in the same target before dig it, the sígnal goes down to 17 ID clear but no necesarily clean tone.

Bottom line, It is the configuration that I belive go deeper for finding old coins!!

What do you think about it?

Any diferent Good configuration for go deeper?

Any comment?

Any 👍🏽?

Any advice?

Anything??? Lol

👍🏽😎
C4A69BCB-78E3-4C68-9653-3B901463B0A4.jpeg

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I go to field ( large open areas, no contaminated, where I know could be coins from 1770 to 1914; myself or others found coins in that range in that field) I like to use the following configuration to go deeper ( its what I have been working, not means it is the best)

Field 2, sensibility 25 or as high as area permits, speed recovery 1, yes I said 1; frecuency 5, automatic ground balancing. ( issue with this frecuency is that I gain tones clarity, but targets ID’s go up with this frequency what make a sensation that the Target could be an old coins and shut me trash most of the times, and some times “yes, it is an old coin”

Ex.- Same Target before dig it, with frequency in 5 triger 24 ID very clear and clean tone, then When I change to multy frequency in the same target before dig it, the sígnal goes down to 17 ID clear but no necesarily clean tone.

Bottom line, It is the configuration that I belive go deeper for finding old coins!!

Any comment?

Any 👍🏽?

Any advice?

Anything??? Lol

👍🏽😎 View attachment 2045944
Snake chaps?

sphillips

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2008
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend who owns about 70acres in central Virginia who let me detect it summer of 2021. I didn’t stray into the woods because the general consensus was that the copperheads were abundant. I stayed in the open, no snake chaps.

Emil W

Nov 4, 2021
Central New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Deus
Deus Lite
Garrett Apex
Garrett Pinpointer
BH Discovery 2200
BH Pioneer EX
White's Coinmaster 6000D (have had for decades)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Having never used an Equinox I can only make a general comment that should apply to any detector...

Success requires the right state of mind as much as the "right" settings. If the settings you're using are, in your mind, working for you--accomplishing what you intend to accomplish, that's a big part of the battle.

This is a main reason one person can swear by one detector and a different person will swear by another. How much is success based on the choice of machine and how much is the detectorists state of mind?

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
I have a friend who owns about 70acres in central Virginia who let me detect it summer of 2021. I didn’t stray into the woods because the general consensus was that the copperheads were abundant. I stayed in the open, no snake chaps.
I order this hand made snake chaps 35 USD, just the day after a rattle snake intented to bite me when I was detecting

🙏🏾

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
Having never used an Equinox I can only make a general comment that should apply to any detector...

Success requires the right state of mind as much as the "right" settings. If the settings you're using are, in your mind, working for you--accomplishing what you intend to accomplish, that's a big part of the battle.

This is a main reason one person can swear by one detector and a different person will swear by another. How much is success based on the choice of machine and how much is the detectorists state of mind?
Emil

Thank you for your comments,

IMO Detectorist state of mind is a Good point to success, but control and use the right setting increase the probability of more and better finding.

Keep in touch 😎

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Any comment?

Any 👍🏽?

Any advice?

Anything??? Lol

👍🏽😎 View attachment 2045944
You look a bit wet in the photo.
I noticed that the coil is riding up on an angle.
This happens when it is set down when a person retrieves a target, and the wing nut isn't tight.
The coil will be on a slight angle-then it's defeating the parallel to the ground, as the heel of the coil is the closest.
Might be just the angle of the picture-but I've seen lots of folks swinging this way.
Keeping it low and level will increase the depth.
Liking the chaps also-smart idea for forked tongues.

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
You look a bit wet in the photo.
I noticed that the coil is riding up on an angle.
This happens when it is set down when a person retrieves a target, and the wing nut isn't tight.
The coil will be on a slight angle-then it's defeating the parallel to the ground, as the heel of the coil is the closest.
Might be just the angle of the picture-but I've seen lots of folks swinging this way.
Keeping it low and level will increase the depth.
Liking the chaps also-smart idea for forked tongues.
Pepperj

I watch the photo and you are totally right, I will taking care of this detail next time.

Thank you for pointing this, I appreciate it, next adventure I will not forget to align the coil.

😎👍🏽

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great Pic! That is some dedication right there, raining, and snakes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread