cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Waynea

Apr 24, 2022
The Garrett Apex is a multi-freq machine under 500. I live near the Garrett factory and have tested it. Seems like a good detector to me

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
used and under $500 that's a whole different can of worms. If you can pickup an AT PRO for under $500 that would be a good deal or a T2 SE or Omega 8000 - They are $550 new though
I personally have never used any of these machines but I believe they all are considered very good. There are probably half a dozen other machines as well that are a little older F70/75, Racer 2, Whites XLT, & MX Sport. I still see Fisher 1266x, CZ3D, and Nautilus machine in the $500 dollar range and there efficient but very old dinosaur machines that still sell.

I guess it depends on what you want, but I think there is a big divide at least in terms of price between what you get with the Vanquish and Simplex and the Deus/Equinox series when purchasing new.

Too many choices..lol
why in the crap would anyone spend $500 on a used AT pro when you can purchase a new Legend or something similar for that the simplex with the 9.5x5 inch coil runs circles around the ATP trust me I have both and there is no way I would pay $500 for a used ATP

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Garrett Apex is a multi-freq machine under 500. I live near the Garrett factory and have tested it. Seems like a good detector to me
Good.......ok, sure.......but not as good as a Legend or Equinox for just a little more money.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have had quite a few detectors.
I usually do coin shooting searching farm house etc...so relics/ coin .

I currently have a Tesoro that I love but want something different.
Maybe a Nokta Legend (on sale) or a Minelab Equinox 600 good machines for around that range

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have heard from pretty reliable sources that the Apex does have a falsing problem in the wet part of saltwater beaches (and that's where the rings live mainly..lol), just something to consider if going to beach hunt with it

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have had quite a few detectors.
I usually do coin shooting searching farm house etc...so relics/ coin .

I currently have a Tesoro that I love but want something different.
Special pricing right now on the Legend is under $600. Since I've had mine this year I've never found so many coins and so much jewelry and relics. I'm going to buy the 13" coils for my Legend and Deus with part of my coin take.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Special pricing right now on the Legend is under $600. Since I've had mine this year I've never found so many coins and so much jewelry and relics. I'm going to buy the 13" coils for my Legend and Deus with part of my coin take.
let us know how you like the 13 inch coil for the Legend

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
next detector I want, hopefully next gold/silver scrap run I can dole out some greenbacks...thanks for the input tho always nice to hear

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread