ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have two and I think they are tops. A CZ-21 and a Tiger Shark.

They both work great and one compliments the other. Another good one is a Fisher 1280X. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the three.

OP
OP
Mkriegs

Mkriegs

Sep 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
excellent! thank you very much!

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Tigershark...for freshwater hands down imo.

Mine paid for itself in the first dive hour. Has paid for a Seahunter, an Excal and last 4 scuba vacations in last 3 years.

TS will hit on small gold that others miss. I get earring backs at several inches routinely. It'll find stuff to small to freakin see in a scoop to recover lol.

TS is worth 2x the price imo no questions asked. Learn it's language. It WILL talk to you if ya listen. Nice round smooth duck quack on crack? it's gold. Raspy, strangled broken double tap sick duck sound?..it's ferrous.

Best of luck...good hunting.

ag

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tigershark...for freshwater hands down imo.

Mine paid for itself in the first dive hour. Has paid for a Seahunter, an Excal and last 4 scuba vacations in last 3 years.

TS will hit on small gold that others miss. I get earring backs at several inches routinely. It'll find stuff to small to freakin see in a scoop to recover lol.

TS is worth 2x the price imo no questions asked. Learn it's language. It WILL talk to you if ya listen. Nice round smooth duck quack on crack? it's gold. Raspy, strangled broken double tap sick duck sound?..it's ferrous.

Best of luck...good hunting.

ag

I agree the Tiger Shark is a fantastic detector. I know to listen to the very faint beeps. However, I also know it not to be as deep as the CZ-21. You are right, it finds small gold. It is a lower cost detector but is a good one.

One problem is WHY do you need to find gold that small? I have yet to hit a chain with it as I have been diving a very old swim area and no gold chains seem to have been used. But how much could an ear ring back be worth even if 14K, 50¢?

I go over an area with my CZ-21 first and then hit it again with the Tiger Shark. That works well for me so far. I have pulled silver and gold out of the areas I have hit hard with the CZ's. I have also pulled over 5 gallons of nails, washers (Tiger Sharks LOVE washers) can slaw and other undesirables out of this area with both machines. I am sure I am finding items that were masked by iron with both machines and that is why I miss some targets the first time.

This summer I will be hitting this old unused swim area harder than I hit it last year. Over 300 silver coins and over 78 pieces of silver jewelry and 50 pieces of gold, I know there is a lot more I missed. I have hit only about a quarter of it. So far this is the only place I have used the Tiger Shark.

I have never used an Excal and I know it is a great machine. My problem with them is the noise. (And I think they are ugly) I am in water less than 10' deep mostly. I have to hear boats that have uneducated captains who have NO idea what a dive flag is. The CZ and the Tiger Shark are silent unless over a target.

ALL my machines have paid for themselves, I have been able to live off my finds since my wife died and have helped pay for my boats and other toys. I have found over a hundred grand in gold. Get what you can afford, learn the machine and USE IT. Unless you are in Michigan. If you are the Viper is the better choice.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mkriegs

Mkriegs

Sep 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha i am certainly not in michigan thanks for the input!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread