Best Garrett At Pro freshwater beach settings

Gee-Gee

Greenie
Sep 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find out I’m going to the beach tomorrow, I haven’t used my At Pro in about two years . I’m going to a freshwater beach, I’m use to going to a saltwater beach. I’m not sure what settings to use on the dry sand, wet sand and in the water. I would really appreciate any advice on which settings are best for all the areas of the beach.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set my AT Gold which is real close to the pro in jewelry and coin and notch out iron to 34, that eliminates most bottlecaps and bobby pins. After all I think you would pretty much be looking for those two items, I have never found any phones, so I don't know if my settings eliminate them or not though.

OP
OP
G

Gee-Gee

Greenie
Sep 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I set my AT Gold which is real close to the pro in jewelry and coin and notch out iron to 34, that eliminates most bottlecaps and bobby pins. After all I think you would pretty much be looking for those two items, I have never found any phones, so I don't know if my settings eliminate them or not though.
Thank you for the info!

kac

Aug 4, 2021
North East
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Seahunter MKII, Apex, Makro Multi Kruzer, Tesoro Tejon. Started with a BH Tracker 505 back in early 90's.
Nokta Pulse Pointer and Minelab Profind 35.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smaller and thinner gold can be very close to the iron range and often in the foil range.
If you can get the machine to run nice and quiet without falsing you should be able to hear non iron targets fairly well. I always manually ground balanced the machine, wet sand ran in close to 0 and as I worked my way up towards dryer sand the gb would be in teens, low 30's etc.
Round here it can be as much as 3 notches down on sensitivity.
When I used my AT Pro on the beach I used zero mode and only started to dicriminate if I ran into a lot of iron. Bottle caps can run pretty high up in the scale near copper pennies and dimes but almost always give a tell tail iron grunt off the tip of the coil.
Sometimes in the tougher grounds your numbers might be a bit lower until you dig a little.

OP
OP
G

Gee-Gee

Greenie
Sep 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smaller and thinner gold can be very close to the iron range and often in the foil range.
If you can get the machine to run nice and quiet without falsing you should be able to hear non iron targets fairly well. I always manually ground balanced the machine, wet sand ran in close to 0 and as I worked my way up towards dryer sand the gb would be in teens, low 30's etc.
Round here it can be as much as 3 notches down on sensitivity.
When I used my AT Pro on the beach I used zero mode and only started to dicriminate if I ran into a lot of iron. Bottle caps can run pretty high up in the scale near copper pennies and dimes but almost always give a tell tail iron grunt off the tip of the coil.
Sometimes in the tougher grounds your numbers might be a bit lower until you dig a little.
Thank you for the help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread