Metal Detecting
Go to Guitar Center for a nice repurpose case

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Thank you sir!
I have had the 42" version case sitting here for 4 years & was considering that very thing with it!
I got it for my Ruger Precision rifle but have a soft case I like better for it so I never plucked the foam.
I just picked up a couple of old Sd2100v2s and was staring at the Plano case thinking man that would be great for tossing between the truck & my Ranger 6x6. Thanks for inspiring me to get with it!

OP
OP
W

WildernessAU

Dec 25, 2009
Thank you sir!
I have had the 42" version case sitting here for 4 years & was considering that very thing with it!
I got it for my Ruger Precision rifle but have a soft case I like better for it so I never plucked the foam.
I just picked up a couple of old Sd2100v2s and was staring at the Plano case thinking man that would be great for tossing between the truck & my Ranger 6x6. Thanks for inspiring me to get with it!
Sounds like that case will be perfect for your application Vance. I really like that the case can take a beating and still protect your machine. Coating the foam with plasti dip really helps to extend the life of the foam and keeps your plucked shape. Best of luck out there!

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Yeah I love the plastidip tip!
Unfortunately a little playing shows that the SDs dont colapse enough to fit length ways. May use it for my VLF machines or just rig it for the SD and plan to take the lower part of the shaft out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread