Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
timekiller said:
My wife got me this GTI 1500 this past christmas of 2008.I started in january 2009. These are shots of things I found since,till now july 22,2009.First row is my coins(piece of eight 1730, 2 1reals1746,178-,2 irish half pennies 1682,178-,1 half dime 1853,1 large cent,1 two cent piece 1864,Ih 1908, 3or 4 coins too old to read mercs,wheats may be more not sure) buttons,buckles,pins,cuff links,a stone (I think is a saphire I found when I found a piece of eight,same whole) my best to me find is the 1750-1760 circa wine/rum bottle.Second row are musket balls,flint from flint lock,jew harps,and all sorts of neat objects.Third row tools etc.Fouth row marbles,old cow bell,insulators,etc.Other cabinet first row bottles two tusk (pig/boar).Second row indian artifacts,and pipe pieces both indian and settlers.Last row teeth from bison and horse!I Think I covered the basic stuff.Besides a half a 5gal bucket of scrap lead and the same in copper and brass!
What a collection Pete!

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4-H said:
timekiller said:
My wife got me this GTI 1500 this past christmas of 2008.I started in january 2009. These are shots of things I found since,till now july 22,2009.First row is my coins(piece of eight 1730, 2 1reals1746,178-,2 irish half pennies 1682,178-,1 half dime 1853,1 large cent,1 two cent piece 1864,Ih 1908, 3or 4 coins too old to read mercs,wheats may be more not sure) buttons,buckles,pins,cuff links,a stone (I think is a saphire I found when I found a piece of eight,same whole) my best to me find is the 1750-1760 circa wine/rum bottle.Second row are musket balls,flint from flint lock,jew harps,and all sorts of neat objects.Third row tools etc.Fouth row marbles,old cow bell,insulators,etc.Other cabinet first row bottles two tusk (pig/boar).Second row indian artifacts,and pipe pieces both indian and settlers.Last row teeth from bison and horse!I Think I covered the basic stuff.Besides a half a 5gal bucket of scrap lead and the same in copper and brass!
What a collection Pete!
Thanks 4-H,but it has Growed a little since these pics. :laughing7: I'll make a new post on this part of the form to show what I mean.But it's alot of pics so I'll start a new thread.In N.C. Finds! :thumbsup:

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilligan said:
Here are just a fraction of what I have found in NC over the years. Just a fraction. I have not even opened the safe to post any of that stuff. If anyone knows what the small copper token is next to the 1900 dime is, please tell me. It was found at an encampment. The obverse is not too visible, but it has stars over an indian head. The reverse has stars over the number 1. Thanks for looking.

The shelf with all my bottles on it collapsed. I lost all but about 10 or 15. I can kick myself for not reinforcing that stinkin shelf. A lesson for all....

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gilligan said:
Gilligan said:
Here are just a fraction of what I have found in NC over the years. Just a fraction. I have not even opened the safe to post any of that stuff. If anyone knows what the small copper token is next to the 1900 dime is, please tell me. It was found at an encampment. The obverse is not too visible, but it has stars over an indian head. The reverse has stars over the number 1. Thanks for looking.

The shelf with all my bottles on it collapsed. I lost all but about 10 or 15. I can kick myself for not reinforcing that stinkin shelf. A lesson for all....
Sorry to hear that Gilligan,thats got to suck I know I've not lost whole selfves before but have damaged things I'd like to kick my self for as well.It happens that's for sure.I'm guilty as charged :laughing7: Just have to find some more and dress her back up.
I hope you are able to get some back buddy!
Take Care,
Pete :hello:

pitbullfan

Sep 18, 2009
Newton Grove, NC
Detector(s) used
First: Bounty Hunter Tracker IV

Now: Excal
WOW!!! You guys all rock with those awesome digs. Hope I have half the collection some of you guys showed us.

Awall

Greenie
Sep 8, 2014
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found near Casiers and I still don't know what it is. There is a letter "A" on the front. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would probably pooped on myself if I found some of the things you guys have found so far

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it's copper a old penny on the railroad tracks trick?

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TomO

Jun 5, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett, Ground Hog, Fisher
Primary Interest:
Other
Reminds me of some sort of seal. If it registered on the detector, likely lead. Very worn, likely old. Lead seals were often used for shipping containers on-board ships. So, look for someone on this site familiar with old seals, old shipping, etc.

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is probably my best find in my opinion. Haven't shown it here and only a few people have seen it. I found it upside down in a creek that is like a small river that I have found 99 percent of my stuff in and around. Found it about 20 years ago. I have a dry picture of it and some with water standing in it, it will hold 16 ounces of water, I'm not saying they made it for that measured amount, just giving an idea of the depth of it. The side view is 3 inches thick and varies in thickness as it goes around. I wet the "front"? area of it to show the worked out area. I showed these pictures to a person that is 1/4 Cherokee I go to church with and he immediately said "yes it is a metate"look at the outline of it, it looks like a ham bone" IMG_5118.JPG IMG_5120.JPG IMG_5124.jpg IMG_5127.jpg

WNCsweeper

Aug 4, 2013
Asheville, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core Pro pack × 2
Nokta Pointer
Rattler head phones
Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice always been on my My bucket list

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks sweeper. Some of the "experts" on here said it was naturally formed by stones pecking it out when the water flowed over it, but that is not the case. I have some other things I will post on this NC forum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread