Best part of the US of A to live, in terms of the metal detecting hobby?

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I would think any of the coastal states in the east, because not only can you find colonial, you can find Civil War, and you have the beaches as well. Not to mention many houses built in the 1700s still standing that you have potential to get permissions.

Some of the east coast states have native gold and gemstones as well. So you could stay busy if you lived in one of them.

Aeds151

Jan 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Civil War has been over for 150 years and you guys lost! Let it go and move on with your life.

It was a joke man. Im from a state that wasent even a state until 47 years after the war ended. Didnt mean to hurt your feelers

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
South Carolina has brutally oppressive humidity most of the year. I'll take detecting in the cold over sweating to death every time I dig a hole any day.

Being here in SC in the summer is the most uncomfortable time of the year to hunt. During those months, I go out super early or I wait until when the sun starts to go down.

My best finds ever were found in the north eastern states.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps take a leave and spend a few weeks in every state along the coast good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread