Best Pin pointer for a deaf person?

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One would be the Garrett carrot, it does have a vibrate only on it. There may be others, I don't really know. That Garrett is ALSO waterproof.

Coinboy

Dec 4, 2019
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Nokta Makro Simplex, pulsedive, Garrett Ace 200, Nokta pinpointer, Brute Magnetics 888 pound Fishing Magnet
Predatortools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta Makro Pulsedive pointer.

kool007

Jan 2, 2004
Jax, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Nokta Makro Simplex
Minelab Excalibur w/S12
Catfishjim90,
Any one of the many that have a vibrate mode PLUS a light would prolly be the best.

There is a 'old' model called Treasure Mate, and it was made by Tesoro, which is no longer. This model does have a vibrate only mode, and it has an LED. It is not, however, waterproof up to it's knobs.

There was another 'older' pin pointer called Vibra Probe. That one only vibrated, and it is waterproof entirely. It has NO buttons and turns on when facing up. It turns off after a while, if not detecting any metal, in it's down position. I think it was a pulse type.

I am sure there are others as well, but I haven't purchased anything new yet.

laterz

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nokta. Bullet proof. Water proof comes with two sheaths....Nokta pulse dive pinpointer also pairs with Nokta headphones....Maybe time to upgrade the ace400?

Chub

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're diving fairly deep, VibraProbe is the best. Shallow water or land, any of the top waterproof ones that have a vibrating mode will work fine for you.

VTColonialDigger

Oct 13, 2016
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nokta. Bullet proof. Water proof comes with two sheaths....Nokta pulse dive pinpointer also pairs with Nokta headphones....Maybe time to upgrade the ace400?

Chub

While I have had my Ace for a few years, I like it a lot. My friend has an AT Pro and other than the Pro being waterproof, they are pretty comparable on the land, and I have actually sneaked things out of the iron with my Ace that he missed with the Pro. I may get a Garrett AT machine someday for water hunting but for now the 400 does fine by me.

P.S. sorry to de-rail the thread :tongue3:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just meant un upgrade for the sake of having a pinpointer paired to the headphones. Are there stand alone units for this?

Chub

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread