Best spot on earth for nugget hunting?

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the ones who do won't talk about it ! :-X

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
The only difference from a real job and making a living nugget hunting your on your own time
How much you make is on how hard you work...

Joe

mikepanner

Greenie
Nov 5, 2008
Australian forums have some real nice nuggets. Don't think there is that much open ground like here in the states like BLM. I've read about those aussies getting permission and what not from people and mining companies. There is probably some open areas available, wish I could go there. Saw awhile back about 3000 oz cleanup on an alaskan forum too. But that was heavy equipment.

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
Undoubtably Western Australia, then Victoria, then North Queensland. Yes there are many Aussies who make a living from it. Jonathon Porter is one. Check out Aurumaustralis. He has been doing it for years and has been lucky enough to find many huge nuggets, but he works darn hard for it and spends months at a time away from home.

The Cat

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not 1 in a million are able to feed themselves detecting. As a retirement thing,weekend warrior or hobby it is righteous. You absolutely must be a 100% outdoorsmen with cash and equipment to pull you through. It helps greatly to live in/by/close to the goldfields so you don't have to live like a animal for months at end. My camps have showers, hot food, cold drinks,swamp cooler and plenty of screen rooms to get away from the bugs,bees and critters. I can go a week at a time with not so much as a single person wandering into the forest and it's RIGHTEOUSLY calm, quiet and keeps ya tough as nails doing everything the hard way. Over 50+ years a mining have seen rules, regs and environutz BS that has closed many of the great areas, regulated us to death and now camping,atv, and all forms of guns are under attack too. In dayz of old mining was simple and easy but now complicated to the point of distraction-tons a au 2 u 2-John------have golden dreams in the night whilst ya wait for the job to open tommorrow :notworthy:

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In almost 50 years of detecting it has been almost everywhere from $45-$1,200+ and as in any biz it breaks down to the ol' ECONOMIC VIABILITY. Ifn' it don't pay how can you play?? Insane costs and rules are a huge detrament now to any form of mining anywhere. Public lands are being closed(gates going up everywhere)access denied(no more atvs)and regs and rules(camping restrictions/closures/theft/vandalism) are doubling just about every year. Private property is king-as always-and keep it small ,lean and quiet for success-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi, the best place for finding large nuggets and yeilds of gold in the world at the present time is Sudan in Africa.A lot of the best p1 mds for gold are being shipped straight there. I live right in middle of one of the largest gold feilds in Australia and my family goes back 5 generations. Simple the cost of such a trip to Australia will make a huge hole in your pocket. With the right md travel and expences your looking for no change out of $15,000. thats before you have found anything.Gold can be found in all australian states. Sorry too be truthful the cost is the key factor and the other is you need to stay a while.

tinpan

chappysgold

Tenderfoot
Mar 15, 2009
adelaide
Detector(s) used
GPX4000,SD2200
I might be a bit biased but i would say western Australia.
There is a few that seem to be making a living out of it but i think they might have
their ups and downs as well.

Can only talk of my own experiences but i find research,research and more research
normally points you in the right direction.
Tinpan is spot on about the cost,your not guaranteed a return for what you put in,
either time or money.

And yes the available area has dim minished of late,but there is resources you can
use the 20a which allows you to prospect on exploration leases is one that comes to mind.

But when your bent over digging a signal the sun scorching the back of your neck and your throats
getting dry and you reach into the hole and it takes four fingers to grab the nugget and pull it out.
YOU BLOODY RIPPER
That's why i like western Australia.
Cheers Chappy

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a big difference in "the best spot" and where the "the best gold is being found", at this present time the place most gold is being by "nugget hunters" is as Tinpan has pointed out is in the Sudan in Africa, but the country of Sudan has made metal detecting against the law to try and stop it's citizen from obtaining the gold as they don't want their citizens to get the gold, they want to keep it in the ground until they can get it for the government/crooked politicians, also most of the guys getting the gold are gang leaders that buy and own the metal detectors which they have to smuggle into the country, they "rent" out the detector to the best "nugget hunters" for a split of the gold, the gold is split between the gang leader, the guy that knows where to find the best gold fields and the "nugget hunter/s" that are the best at using the detector, an even split, if you are not bring in the quota of gold that the gang leader expects you will not be allowed to "rent" the detector anymore, it has been reported that nuggets up to 15 to 20 kilos are being found.
If the government catches you with a metal detector and/or gold they will be confiscated, and maybe prison time.

Skip

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:help: Prison time in Sudan is death time-ever hear a Darfur?? Maniac running the place has now kicked out all aid workers too as they kept getting him busted on civil rights violations. All he believes in is your right to die-just google and do so on a empty stomach so as to not ruin your computer-tons a au 2 u 2 -John

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi all. I see there are a few that forget their own gold rush history.Even today on any gold feilds in places like australia and the usa there are those that have dishonest intentions.reseach and good planning is the way to go.

"quote" Police commissioner of Western Australia "The Tent Wars on the Gold feilds are of a major concern to us" Seems to be a few problems and thats what gold does to people, even nice ones.

tinpan

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Best spots on Earth are the ones that are easiest closest and most productive to where I am at the time. Sudan no thanks I want to live to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Jarbacoagold

Feb 23, 2010
Jarabacoa
If you want to travel to Australia for a Gold hunting Vacation I can hook you up with a friend there that finds large Nuggets all the time and does trips. We find Gold here in the DR all the time, just not large pieces although I haven't tried detectors here yet. We do adventures here from 1/2 day to as long as you'd like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread