jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey jeff!! Sorry for asking, but who is this guy Terry Lamb?? Obviously High Profile Guy!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

actually someone else here would have to answer that.
I never had any dealings with him myself, other then reading about him here every so often

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has sold detectors that were never delivered multiple times..

I know of him from another website i belong to, problems go back at least 8 years that I know of...

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reminder Do not deal with Non Charter Members / or supposed dealers who are not
listed as Supporting Vendors here.
who contact you Via PM

Especially if New & using hushmail.com

Always get A phone number, Always Call them first.

doesn't hurt to google their Email address also & see
if anything pops up

Last edited:

MD'erStEvO

Feb 16, 2015
Vicenza (Military)
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 11" Coil, Bounty Hunter Platinum Edition, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mradventure101,
Hi and welcome! I'd start off by reading the posts above yours as most of those gentlemen have been around for awhile and are reputable on this site. They give examples of what you can do to prove yourself on this site for selling. Welcome and GL!!! Treasurenet.com truly has a wonderful forum and great bunch of people associated with it.... MD'erStEvO

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
reminder Do not deal with Non Charter Members / or supposed dealers who are not
listed as Supporting Vendors here.
who contact you Via PM

Especially if New & using hushmail.com

Always get A phone number, Always Call them first.

doesn't hurt to google their Email address also & see
if anything pops up

Hi ya Jeff, I do hope you are not meaning "don't deal with NON CHARTER MEMBERS" when it comes to buying. I know you have to be a charter member to sell, but not to buy. I am in the market for another detector and because I am not a charter member, I hope this does not mean people will not sell to me. I have been registered on this site since I cant remember when. Before all the changes in the site, I used to buy and sell on TNet frequently and visit the site multiple times a day. I don't come here too much anymore, for different reasons. I just don't want to be discriminated against because I am not a charter member. Thanks!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ya Jeff, I do hope you are not meaning "don't deal with NON CHARTER MEMBERS" when it comes to buying. I know you have to be a charter member to sell, but not to buy. I am in the market for another detector and because I am not a charter member, I hope this does not mean people will not sell to me. I have been registered on this site since I cant remember when. Before all the changes in the site, I used to buy and sell on TNet frequently and visit the site multiple times a day. I don't come here too much anymore, for different reasons. I just don't want to be discriminated against because I am not a charter member. Thanks!

no ..

Non Charter Members are allowed to Buy.

In 90% of cases The Buyer pays First, with Pay Pal
or other secure source. so less chance of a detector going out
and not being paid for.

though In any case, Even when dealing with Charter members ,
buying or selling, it is a smart idea to look & see if the person
you are dealing with is Brand new or a member who has been here awhile.
also how many posts. Do they appear to consider themselves part of the family ?
or just stop in bi-yearly :tongue3:

but even so .. a brand new member could be more trust worthy then a long time member.
We all have an expiration date.
you just can't turn us over & see it stamped there . Thankfully :notworthy:

Just saying when dealing over the Net,
use a little caution :thumbsup: can't hurt :laughing7:

Last edited:

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no ..

Non Charter Members are allowed to Buy.

In 90% of cases The Buyer pays First, with Pay Pal
or other secure source. so less chance of a detector going out
and not being paid for.

though In any case, Even when dealing with Charter members ,
buying or selling, it is a smart idea to look & see if the person
you are dealing with is Brand new or a member who has been here awhile.
also how many posts. Do they appear to consider themselves part of the family ?
or just stop in bi-yearly :tongue3:

but even so .. a brand new member could be more trust worthy then a long time member.
We all have an expiration date.
you just can't turn us over & see it stamped there . Thankfully :notworthy:

Just saying when dealing over the Net,
use a little caution :thumbsup: can't hurt :laughing7:
I definitely use caution when buying over the forums! I like phone numbers and seeing peoples history. Just making sure!! Thanks!

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am one of the newer folks. I saw a comment above mentioning if the person has made themselves part of the family. The sad thing is sites like this are not always welcoming nor accepting of the newer folks so they don't post often and can't be part of the family.

I recently posted wanting to buy a sand scoop. In very short order the next post in the thread was a "reminder" that I must abide by the rules and only buy from a charter member. I had posted within the rules and had not violated any rules so why the reminder? If anything, keep an eye on the thread and remind potential sellers that may be violating the rules. Not the person that has done nothing wrong. See what I mean by not being very welcoming?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too am one of the newer folks. I saw a comment above mentioning if the person has made themselves part of the family. The sad thing is sites like this are not always welcoming nor accepting of the newer folks so they don't post often and can't be part of the family.

I recently posted wanting to buy a sand scoop. In very short order the next post in the thread was a "reminder" that I must abide by the rules and only buy from a charter member. I had posted within the rules and had not violated any rules so why the reminder? If anything, keep an eye on the thread and remind potential sellers that may be violating the rules. Not the person that has done nothing wrong. See what I mean by not being very welcoming?

I sort of think I remember that, & I don't think it was meant to be rude.
but rather to give you a heads Up. so that if you get a PM
from someone offering to sell, You at least be careful.
since Non Member deals can & Probably do go on in pm's behind our backs :tongue3:
(not a bannable offense. just not recommended due to problems in the past)

As far as I'm concerned. I think we are the most Friendly forum to new members
on the internet. since I've been here I've at least strive to make it that way.
unfortunately perfection takes time.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Bruce, you were not issued a "reminder", the reminder was to the members replying to thread that only Charter Members can reply with offer to sell.

Post stated anyone could post a "wanted ad" (you), but only charter members could reply with item being sought. (members replying).

Please remember anyone can post a wanted thread, but only charter members can reply with item being sought per our rules.......

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
correct ! I Guess the best way to put it.
all our Members can Purchase from anyone they want, But only Charter members can
Publicly announce they have something for sale.
meaning Charter members are the best way to go when buying.

& remember if you purchase from a Non charter Member and have a problem.
we are
more likely to say We warned you

Last edited:

BruceS

Nov 25, 2014
Portland, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I am told "please remember" to me and probably others that is a reminder. Especially when referring to rules.

There are a great many friendly folks here that try to reach out and welcome new comers. There are just as many that think a newcomer is not worth the time of day and it shows in their responses to questions the newcomers ask. Sad since everyone here was a newcomer at some point. Either way I am here and trying to learn from the ones that are welcoming.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I am told "please remember" to me and probably others that is a reminder. Especially when referring to rules.

There are a great many friendly folks here that try to reach out and welcome new comers. There are just as many that think a newcomer is not worth the time of day and it shows in their responses to questions the newcomers ask. Sad since everyone here was a newcomer at some point. Either way I am here and trying to learn from the ones that are welcoming.
As stated already it was a reminder to those that replied that only Charter Members can sell.

"only charter members can reply with item being sought per our rules"

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
under Good Authority

I received a Note

Terry Lamb( [email protected], it showed up as Terry lamb and his phone number was (479-595-1605. he say he is now in NE Oklahoma.)

here

tim33
user-offline.png

[email protected]

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/members/97995.html

Cassews

Dec 29, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett/White
Primary Interest:
Other
It is so sad that people have to be that way and he has such a history of being a scam artist. Sad... There are so many good people out there who are true and honest with what they sell.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is so sad that people have to be that way and he has such a history of being a scam artist. Sad... There are so many good people out there who are true and honest with what they sell.

Yea I really hate the Thought of Dissing someone I don't know Personally,
but from reputation this guy simply can't be trusted.

my understanding there are 2 Terry Lambs & one is OK but how do you separate them ?

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Being new on this forum, and even paying to become a Charter Member, I'm running into this same resistance - solely for being a 'new member' with very low post count. Sad but true.

Kevin / Baja in Arizona

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being new on this forum, and even paying to become a Charter Member, I'm running into this same resistance - solely for being a 'new member' with very low post count. Sad but true.

Kevin / Baja in Arizona

I find that 99.999% of our Newcomers are very good people

but you always need to be aware there can be that 1 who wishes to take advantage.

same goes for the long time members

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find that 99.999% of our Newcomers are very good people

but you always need to be aware there can be that 1 who wishes to take advantage.

same goes for the long time members

Thanks for the reassurance Jeff, I plan on being a member of this forum for a long time!

Kevin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread