sasquash

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone is trashing the Lagina's, but people here more than anyone else should appreciate the show. Think about it.............What would a REAL treasure hunt look like?

1. Film guy researching for 1000 hours.
2. Film guy go for long hike in the middle of nowhere.
3. Film guy cuss as he hikes back to the truck.
4. Rinse and repeat.

A show about a REAL treasure hunt would be the most boring show ever. Give credit where credit is due. After all, they did a good enough job.............They got you here talking about it.

I take number 2 !

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Season 1 Episode 1...Olivier Levasseur's Treasure' location is talked about.

View attachment 1887088

Many have tried to solve the puzzle as to where Olivier Levasseur may have buried his treasure prior to his execution in 1730.

Many believe it was buried at Madagascar and are currently looking for it there.

These three Searchers have a better chance of finding it there than many.

https://flixtor.to/watch/tv/3784394/the-grand-tour/season/4/episode/2

From my research I have come to a conclusion that he buried it right at Oak Island.

View attachment 1887087

My theory can be read at: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/oak-island/441806-oak-island-strange-bizarre-maybe-truth-29.html

Posts 429-438

Yeah probably not Robot

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...ulas-exposes-missing-1-2-levasseur-map-2.html

http://www.facebook.com/OlivierLevasseur

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone is trashing the Lagina's, but people here more than anyone else should appreciate the show. Think about it.............What would a REAL treasure hunt look like?

1. Film guy researching for 1000 hours.
2. Film guy go for long hike in the middle of nowhere.
3. Film guy cuss as he hikes back to the truck.
4. Rinse and repeat.

A show about a REAL treasure hunt would be the most boring show ever. Give credit where credit is due. After all, they did a good enough job.............They got you here talking about it.

Yes, they made an interesting show and I enjoyed watching it (for a while). The only thing against the Laginas is that instead of doing the right thing and saying "we've dug for three seasons, there is nothing here" and be done with it, they continue to milk it to make money.

Not any different from any other crappy TV show these days. How many seasons of Walking Dead and Grey's Anatomy are we on by now?

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
1715 Fleet and treasure coast

I have been to that area detecting, found a couple silver coins from the era of the 1715, really almost worn away,

Anyhow I have never seen NO ONE on the beach in any direction, there is always SOMEONE there! That is the thing that got me. Has anyone ever been there when there is no one there?

after a storm I have heard it is like Grand Central Station, but I am talking on a normal day.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The show about Rebel gold in the Great Lakes didn't catch on so now they've come up with something else to help line their pockets.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1715 Fleet and treasure coast

I have been to that area detecting, found a couple silver coins from the era of the 1715, really almost worn away,

Anyhow I have never seen NO ONE on the beach in any direction, there is always SOMEONE there! That is the thing that got me. Has anyone ever been there when there is no one there?

after a storm I have heard it is like Grand Central Station, but I am talking on a normal day.
Hi Ben, I have been there when no one was there it was during Christmas week. You may find a coin tossed upon the beach every now and then but mostly nothing. I found a one ounce lead sinker when my brother and I were there. Mel Fisher drew us a map of where to hunt. That was when he was setting up his new shop at Sebastian. A bad storm came up all of a sudden. We were going to the car and it started blowing palm limbs across A1A. We got home that night and they said a tsunami came in 18ft high and over 70 miles long. We watched a news clip and it showed a woman on a pier and it knocked her out of her shoes. She survived some how? I would say if you could remove that sand like they do on Oak Island you could find tons of gold and silver. Also a large recovery of the treasure went North and sank. I found that in Governor Alexander Spotswood's letters. I believe it was about three pages and dated October 24, 1715. I gave Mel Fisher the location of the Recovery Ship and he in turn gave it to Kip Wagner's son. He may still be searching but I don't know if he has been successful or not.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ben, I have been there when no one was there it was during Christmas week. You may find a coin tossed upon the beach every now and then but mostly nothing. I found a one ounce lead sinker when my brother and I were there. Mel Fisher drew us a map of where to hunt. That was when he was setting up his new shop at Sebastian. A bad storm came up all of a sudden. We were going to the car and it started blowing palm limbs across A1A. We got home that night and they said a tsunami came in 18ft high and over 70 miles long. We watched a news clip and it showed a woman on a pier and it knocked her out of her shoes. She survived some how? I would say if you could remove that sand like they do on Oak Island you could find tons of gold and silver. Also a large recovery of the treasure went North and sank. I found that in Governor Alexander Spotswood's letters. I believe it was about three pages and dated October 24, 1715. I gave Mel Fisher the location of the Recovery Ship and he in turn gave it to Kip Wagner's son. He may still be searching but I don't know if he has been successful or not.
“Gave Mel Fisher the location”…….about as true as the claims to have found kgc gold in a cemetery that was factually proven wrong.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe what you will. I have a hand drawn map of Sebastian Inlet, Mel Fisher drew for my brother and I as to where his salvage ship was working. That is where we searched the beach and found the lead sinker. I dowsed and told him I was picking up gold and silver off to the right of his salvage vessel and about 1/4 of the way to shore. I marked it on a map for him. When we got home after vacation I received a package with a book of treasure ship locations and autographed by Mel Fisher saying "Today's the Day." He also enclosed a newspaper of one of his son's finding over a million dollars in gold and yellow diamonds from the location I told him about. So you can believe if want I really do not care.

golddigger14s

Aug 14, 2007
Lawton, OK
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Yes, they made an interesting show and I enjoyed watching it (for a while). The only thing against the Laginas is that instead of doing the right thing and saying "we've dug for three seasons, there is nothing here" and be done with it, they continue to milk it to make money.

Not any different from any other crappy TV show these days. How many seasons of Walking Dead and Grey's Anatomy are we on by now?
I'm not an expert, but with the cost of 10' casings dug down to about 200' I really doubt they are making money. Breaking even I would call it a stretch. That equipment and work has to be insanely expensive. Heck it cost me more than $300 just to have a hose bib replaced.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't think the lagina's aren't making money with the show, I've got an island with an actual buried treasure I'll sell to you.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick started out with about $300,000 to $400,000 net worth now his net worth is over $20 Million.

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you don't think the lagina's aren't making money with the show, I've got an island with an actual buried treasure I'll sell to you.
I’ve dowsed the island and based on all indications it appears that there is tons of gold just waiting to be retrieved….

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The San Saba episode was just plain embarrassing. You have to hand dig the hole? Really? Did you see the way he was using that 2 box?

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The San Saba episode was just plain embarrassing. You have to hand dig the hole? Really? Did you see the way he was using that 2 box?
The San Saba Mine does not exist. Other Spanish were sent out and went to the exact spot which is Boyd's Shaft. There is no silver and the shaft was never completed. Also the Assay Reports: The first one came back 1/2 of 1 1/2 ounce per ton or about 3/4 ounce to the ton. The second Assay Report came back "O" no silver in a ton of the ore. So you can not have a silver mine if you do not have any silver. I have two maps drawn by the discover can't remember his name right off but anyway, I have a copy of his journal and his letters to the Governor and the Governor's letters to him. He was only trying to get a higher esteem job with more pay. All was for nothing as there was no silver mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread