kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's kind of funny...

Many people say they have seen a Bigfoot. Could it be true?
I've never seen one only stories by others. And I've never read where anyone in the world had true evidence of every being one.
Some guys in North Georgia said they had one... but it was a hoax. Do I believe a Bigfoot is real? I really doubt it, I would say about a 90% chance that a Bigfoot doesn't exist. The other 10%? It might be a slight possibility.

Many people say they have seen large black cats in the United States. Could it be true?
I have seen two large black cats, could have been the same one? Do they really exist in the World? No problem to prove, it has been totally documented. Has any large black cats ever been killed in the United States, yes, and confirmed. Most were said to be escaped exotic pets, because they are not known to be wild in the United States. But, not only is it possible that a large black cat could be roaming around some where in the United States... it has been documented. Yet, we have Biologist and big cat hunters who say that there is NO WAY one could have been seen?
I think this is the real part that's not to be believed!

You amigo are as bad as the Bigfoot beleivers!!!I challenge you to show me where any credible Biologist or Lion Hunter has said there is no way you seen a Black Cat.I myself told you,I could beleive you seen one.....you want to make it sound like they are every where.I cant give you an exact number of lions I treed/trapped,and studied but I can tell you it is probably nearing 500.I can confidently tell you that an accumulated number of lions seen by friends,and mentors of mine would reach 10,000 +.I or any of them have not been fortunate enough t o have seen one.....ironic?I dont know....at this point I really dont care.I dont know what you do for a living but until you can wrap your head around the experience a person that pursues lions 365 days a year and has for years,might have.....words are wasted

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Kuger..

I maybe confused?
Didn't you say you were a Biologist? And didn't you say...

"..I will state fact again......and ask why then has there never been a documented Black,Cougar,Mt. Lion,Panther,etc,ever killed in the US
huh.gif
I am about facts folks.."

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kuger..

I maybe confused?
Didn't you say you were a Biologist? And didn't you say...

"..I will state fact again......and ask why then has there never been a documented Black,Cougar,Mt. Lion,Panther,etc,ever killed in the US
huh.gif
I am about facts folks.."

...........and please show me one....preferably a picture,and not a Jaguar......and I believe I also said"I believe you did see a black cat,but not a "Herd",of them" .....perhaps you are confused?Hey,I have an idea,if you want to change things,set out on a mission to document what you claim,thats all it takes!!!!

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
"..and please show me one....preferably a picture,and not a Jaguar.."
The black cat that was killed in Missouri was identified as leopard, does that count?

I never said that I had seen a "Herd of them", it was sighted twice, if it was the same Large black cat?

I don't have a need to "change things". I do know what I saw and it wasn't a Bigfoot!:laughing7:

I just think it's odd that many officials are saying large cats are not here, both black and cougar.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Just read this report from the TWRA (state game, TN)...

"Estimates there are approximately 1,000 reported cougar sightings each year across Tennessee.
Even with all the reports we get, there is no physical evidence that there are any cougars in the state of Tennessee, Half of the sightings we get are reports of black panthers and the other half are of the tan variety, and never in the history of the United States has there been a wild black panther.
For a cougar to make its way to Tennessee would be virtually impossible. The rivers in Arkansas and Missouri run north and south, and it would have to cross all those rivers and ultimately cross the Mississippi River."

Humm? Sounded a little negative to me, to the point of almost saying "you didn't see it!".:laughing7:

Only 86 sightings of Bigfoot ever reported in the state of Tennessee... cats killed them all!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"..and please show me one....preferably a picture,and not a Jaguar.."
The black cat that was killed in Missouri was identified as leopard, does that count?

I never said that I had seen a "Herd of them", it was sighted twice, if it was the same Large black cat?

I don't have a need to "change things". I do know what I saw and it wasn't a Bigfoot!:laughing7:

I just think it's odd that many officials are saying large cats are not here, both black and cougar.
Definitely not Leopards are not Native to anywhere that they could just wander into the US!!!PETS.I SAiD MT LIONS

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I guess the only big cats that's native to the USA is the Western Cougars, Florida Panther and Jaguar.
I guess the Eastern Cougar is gone, but I wouldn't know? But the other three are still here.

"A major victory has been achieved on behalf of the American jaguar. A new proposal from the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) has the potential to save the animal by affording the endangered species necessary protection. Under this new agreement from the FWS, 838,232 acres of land(approximately the size of Rhode Island) in southern New Mexico and Arizona will be set aside as protected land to allow the animals to step back and away from the brink of extinction."

Oh, also found this...

"
Jaguars, the third-largest cats after lions and tigers—and the biggest in the Western Hemisphere. During the 18th and 19th centuries they were spotted in Arizona, New Mexico, California and Texas. Sometimes the cats roamed as far east as North Carolina and as far north as Colorado. "

Wonder if it was possible if a small percentage was black?

Last edited:

TerryB89

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have them too

Well......gonna post this and probably get laughed at, but here goes. I went metal detecting a few weeks ago and swore I saw a mountain lion enter the woods from a brushy area about 150 yards directly ahead of me while walking out at dusk. For those not familiar with the area it is believed they have been gone from here for over a century. I see deer in this area almost every day if I hunt in the evenings or early mornings but felt pretty sure that was not what I saw. This is not the first time I think I have seen one this year, but just a quick glimpse each time. Concerned me enough to walk out with Glock in hand. I hunt coyotes with a retired TWRA officer ( Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency ) and he said he bet was a deer and had heard the BS over the sightings for years but had never seen one or even tracks. I kind of kept it quit and was almost doubting my own sanity when a buddy said a hunter had seen one on his farm and was able to watch it for several minutes. The hunter is also a friend and about as credible as you could find anywhere. Well ......I just got a call that one had been caught one on a game cam about a mile from my sighting and TWRA had confirmed that it was indeed a mountain lion but wants to confirm the authenticity of the picture as far as location. It was recently confirmed that black bears are back in the area for the first time in nearly 50 years. Does my heart good to think some of our natural predators are making a return. I do a lot of walking in and out of the rural areas that I hunt and am going to use a little more caution, but am thrilled over their return and the confirmation on my sighting. :icon_sunny:

I live 35 North of Indy and there has been a Mountain Lion seen along the river several times. Game Wardens say, yes they are moving North. I have Brother that lives in TN near Clarksville and said they released several mountain lions in the area a few years ago to thin out the deer....

Last edited:

TerryB89

Dec 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also Cougars, Panthers, mountain lions are all the same cat called different names in different areas.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just exactally what are we discussing here now :dontknow: are we talking about native American Wild Cats or sub species, released species or what :icon_scratch: As far as I am aware there are only three types of native American wild cat.. Bob Cat, Canadian Lynx and Cougar..none of these are Black :icon_scratch:

Kuger help me out here..:laughing7:

SS

Last edited:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No black bobcats... Are you sure!?

View attachment 718298

Captured in Florida... the Black Bobcat was returned to the wild.
Yes I am aware of the Florida Black Bob Cat, but this is a sub species...these are malanistic and They appear black, but may still exhibit a spot pattern, They are only three true types of Wild Cats of Northern America...none are true Black. I just wish I could get to see any in there natural wild state :thumbsup:

SS

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
I don't know of any breed of large cat that is black without being melanistic?
But jaguars are native to to the United States and they can be melanistic.
And yes, we do have jaguars in the United States.

RIGHT?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobcats have a melanistic occurrence.

I saw one maybe 40 years ago in Wisconsin, unmistakeable. 90 yards in the open, at a pond.

This is after several nights of calling at night, scaring the devil out of the cattle.

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Bobcats have a melanistic occurrence.

I saw one maybe 40 years ago in Wisconsin, unmistakeable. 90 yards in the open, at a pond.

This is after several nights of calling at night, scaring the devil out of the cattle.

I have seen several that were dark but not total black.

But, you can't put to much trust in the animals I've seen in my life. I don't do "cat hunting" for a living so it may be hard for me to wrap my head around the experience of a person that pursues lions 365 days a year and has for years. Telling about cat sightings, my words may be wasted!? :laughing7:

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knew thinking I may have saw a mountain line would start the great debate of the century......bye the way .....it wasn't black. Just saying.:laughing7:

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Who knew thinking I may have saw a mountain line would start the great debate of the century......bye the way .....it wasn't black. Just saying.:laughing7:

Well TNGUNS.... I thought I'd jump in and try to prevent you from looking like a dumb hillbilly!
A friend from Petros has seen black cats in his area, so you may be next?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen several that were dark but not total black.

But, you can't put to much trust in the animals I've seen in my life. I don't do "cat hunting" for a living so it may be hard for me to wrap my head around the experience of a person that pursues lions 365 days a year and has for years. Telling about cat sightings, my words may be wasted!? :laughing7:

Partner you need to give it a rest or leave me out of your delusional arguing with yourself,I have quit a long time ago,and just laugh at you now.I dont even know what point your are attempting to make?I never said you didnt see a black cat....I think I nailed it it with "delusional".I am through.
Bum Luck please inform me what bobcat calling is?This is a new one on me as well?Then again what would I know?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well TNGUNS.... I thought I'd jump in and try to prevent you from looking like a dumb hillbilly!
A friend from Petros has seen black cats in his area, so you may be next?

Nah Tn sounds like a sensible fellow....and if he did see a black Mt. Lion,hey Cool!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread