Big mossy rock

firehorse12

Sep 3, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
big mossy fossil-like rock.jpg

I found this big, heavy, rock at the river (my husband didn't appreciate having to lug it back to the car - :laughing9:) it has several shell-like embeds and sparkly places. It is my favorite rock in my garden. Does anyone know what kind of rock it is? I have several like it.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like limerock, ancient reef. Bet those shells would glow orange under blacklight!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
firehorse12

firehorse12

Sep 3, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking! It is a really fascinating rock. I never get tired of looking at it. This morning drinking coffee on my bench it was beautiful in the sunlight.

Upvote 0

ScribbleMuse

Jul 12, 2012
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for looking! It is a really fascinating rock. I never get tired of looking at it. This morning drinking coffee on my bench it was beautiful in the sunlight.

Oh, I love the ones I've set aside in various nooks of my yard/wannabe-garden beds that always catch my eye again and again, just the way it probably caught your attention in the middle of a zillion "normal" rocks before you even uncovered the grime. There are a few that I've just somehow honed in on despite not really being special in the river bed, but that at least provide me with that personal joy of the find. :)

Upvote 0

Chisos

Aug 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with TOMCLARK about what it is. If that is your pic I maybe can understand your husband carrying it. I have known a few women in my 65 years, but I wouldn't have carried that rock six inches for anybody. Your husband must be a good man, that or it was the only way to stay in your good graces.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
firehorse12

firehorse12

Sep 3, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny Chisos - well, he wasn't happy about it. In fact he still reminds me about it. But I just HAD to have it! hahaha He has his moments.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread